Quantcast

2011 TLD Gear

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Any pictures of the signature or carbon models floating around anywhere?? These look like they may be a lower cost "composite" version???

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Any pictures of the signature or carbon models floating around anywhere?? These look like they may be a lower cost "composite" version???
That was my thought too. $100.00 drop is substantial if they're still carbon. And a tough pill to swallow for the people that dropped $450 recently.

On a different note....feathers? Multiple snakehead colors?? They couldn't be creative enough to come up with ONE snake head, ONE feather head...and 3 other paint schemes??? Are they seriously that limited on the design front these days or just trying to leak pics of mock up colorways to judge interest in a particular color of snake head/skeleton boob/kiddy painted tacky wrap???

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I still think Monk (dropmachine) has it nailed....they have to be pushing it and seeing how many people will actually buy uglier, more ridiculous, and more hideous stuff.....medusa and skeleton tits? seriously?

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Motherfu....:disgust1: OK, maybe not a year or two, but some time in the not so distant future there will be a backlash, vive la revolution!
I don't know if I'm starting a revolution but I'm using Rockgardn garb - two colors and ordering a new Pearl helmet - one color to replace my beat up TLD.

J

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
TLD contacted you and told you to take it down?
Yes i've got a mail from Andy Donahue from the international sales department from TLD

I have seen your TLD posting on Pinkbike and ridemonkey with the new TLD gear. I wanted to let you know that by no means are you allowed to post those images. Those sites are PASSWORD protected for distributors ONLY and they have ALL been instructed to NOT show the images.Those photos are confidential and are not released for another 2 months…
Some how that google link that i have clicked a view day's ago,clicked on one of the 2011 D3 helmets and i was linked to a MX shop where all the images of the 2011 TLD helmets where there.

Last edited:

ollyforster

Chimp
Dec 9, 2009
I googled 2011 Troy Lee D3 and I found some pics. One design is called the Medusa and one the Speed Wing and oh my do they look beyond hideous! I do hope they have some tasteful stuff to throw our way that hasn't leaked on to the net!
The thing that gets me is with all the creative talent they must have there and the back catalogue of helmet designs why do they release this stuff to us. I've already got a Sam Hill D3 from this year and I love it, but if they had a sick design come out I'd be more than tempted!
Pinstripes, classic colours, anything, TLD have the class, we've all seen it, but what I've just seen on the web is anything but! Maybe I'm a snob and too old for all this wacky ****, but christ, TLD has been my favorite brand for nearly 12 years and just feel there going off the rails at the mo! Any thoughts???

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Tell Troy Lee to suck a hard one for making their products look too awful to consider. Not as if you cost them any sales that they wouldn't have lost themselves.

ollyforster

Chimp
Dec 9, 2009
Look here (http://www.descent-gear.com/?sec=cat&cat=134&page=2&PHPSESSID=72c98be4690727d2ff430c9fcc37e16b&PHPSESSID=a722b462240f73e4501af879a01be79c), no images, but it does list names of other helmets 'seth grey' and 'pinstripe black' which sounds much more subdued than the other designs ive seen. Good to see them making composite models now too.
Just seen this too, no Palmer or plain carbon? The internet rumor mill! All I can say is that I may be eating humble pie on my previous comments, why? TLD and pinstriping, get the **** on! And the Seth carbon is yellow? The composites are blatantly aimed at the kids but the carbons could be the ****! Anyone know when the pics can be officially released???