Quantcast

2011 UCI world cup DHI schedule

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
glad to see La Bresse back in. that was a good race. cant wait for the season!
also am I the only one that would like to see bromont back in? I realize 3 world cups in the same area would be silly but I thought the Bromont world cups were awesome races.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
they could have four great world cups right on the east coast of NA...bromont, whiteface, windham, and MSA....I guess that's kind of what the gravity east series is, only less canadian.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Ewww... Pietermaritzburg... Might as well just hand Greg Minnaar the leader's jersey now haha.

It's refreshing to see Windham & La Bresse added to the mix (super short tracks that force the riders to put together flawless runs.)

It would be cool to see the World Cup circuit expand to Asia (Japan has a pretty big downhill "scene"), South America (Balneario, Brazil a few years back, for example), and/or Oceania just to mix things up. Obviously I know nothing about what needs to happen for a particular venue to hold a World Cup, so I'll just stop there, but maybe someday......

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Ewww... Pietermaritzburg... Might as well just hand Greg Minnaar the leader's jersey now haha.

It's refreshing to see Windham & La Bresse added to the mix (super short tracks that force the riders to put together flawless runs.)

It would be cool to see the World Cup circuit expand to Asia (Japan has a pretty big downhill "scene"), South America (Balneario, Brazil a few years back, for example), and/or Oceania just to mix things up. Obviously I know nothing about what needs to happen for a particular venue to hold a World Cup, so I'll just stop there, but maybe someday......
As much as I would love to see this too, most teams are really against the "world" aspect of the world cup. It increases the cost to them astronomically. They now have to ship riders, bikes, support crews, pits, etc all over the world. Most teams right now have a Euro set up and North America set up and their budgets are tapped as is.

-KT

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As much as I would love to see this too, most teams are really against the "world" aspect of the world cup. It increases the cost to them astronomically. They now have to ship riders, bikes, support crews, pits, etc all over the world. Most teams right now have a Euro set up and North America set up and their budgets are tapped as is.

-KT
^^^ this. I remember hearing chatter when this years race schedule was announced that it was smart to put the US canada stops consecutively @ the end of the season to help save on travel.

THat being said, I know where I'll be July 9th and 10th.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I hope that sometime in the next five years the WC returns to the PNW. I remember when it was at Cypress and I was just getting into DH and thinking "that would be kind of fun to go to," now I kick myself for not going. Or better yet I hope I have enough money to travel to Europe and spectate/vacation.

Covenasty

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
Altadena

they could lose Ft. William, everybody seems to complain about it every year.... move that race to asia or something

-KB-

Chimp
Aug 31, 2010
Granite City
they could lose Ft. William, everybody seems to complain about it every year.... move that race to asia or something
They complain about the track (although the improvements for this years race were met with positive remarks from the riders), but for atmosphere and sheer number of fans it's one of the best on the circuit.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I think everyone has to hold off until January to find out officially. My fingers are still crossed. :)
What are the reasons for such a move if they do decide to do so? Too expensive, not enough revenue?

Geez I didn't see that one coming for sure, quite sad to hear even the possibilty of such news...

Last edited: