Quantcast

2011 Windrock Fall Fest

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Great weekend! Wish I could have stayed for today but I don't think I could have done another 10 runs. Trails were sticky and flowy (for WR). Good to meet some new folks and see the regulars. Thanks to Doug for not stop shuttling and for Todd picking up the slack. Props to the DC boys who helped fill the void in the road at the top , even though it'll last only a couple days:) Most importantly, thanks to Doug for once again setting this up, Fall Fest is truly the one event I look forward to every year.

Last edited:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Thanks Doug, Josh and everyone who lifted a finger or shovel or whatever to make yesterday such a blast!
Nothing like the Fest's at Windrock! So different from the race weekends that fill the rest of my DH season.
Enjoyed riding and hanging with new friends and old.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Had a great time once again. Thanks to everyone who made it out on the work day to make sure the trails were buffed, I still hate that I missed that. And of course thanks to Doug for the non-stop shuttling, inviting me to his home, and "convincing" everyone to go to the EC :D.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Windrock can weaken even the most fit.

Captain Tom's BBQ

The Powerstroke comes through again.

Sunday's festivities

Thanks to:

Cane Creek
Industry Nine
Specialized Tires
Sycamore Cycles
Cecil

And Josh, Karl, Kenan, James, Jacob, Paul Bunyan, Poston, Andrew, Troy, Todd, and the guy with the other F250. Sorry for anyone else I forgot.

This weekend is always super busy for me and such a blur. Glad the weather worked out as well as it did.

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
Wow what a great weekend. The conditions were perfect, props to all who take care of the trails and thanks to all who helped with the event... Jay

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
While I am bummed that I had to bail last minute, I'm stoked that somebody got to ride. Snuck out for some good trail rides though. Luckily, it will still be there when I get the time.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
:rofl:

Between getting in 12 runs on Saturday, 4 or 5 yesterday and all the partying on Saturday evening, I feel like someone took a sh1t on my brain today. Work is not going as planned.
I feel you, I was only semi-conscious through my classes today... I'm sure everyone thought I was stoned or something I was so out of it.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Thanks to everybody involved. Just got back to S.Fl. Had a great time again. Always nice to meet new people and see some old friends. I wish I got to ride there more. I'm always amazed how diverse the terrian is. That old Windmill trails is ridiculous. I've got to get better.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I am a walking zombie today as well. I wonder if its physical exhaustion or depression? I'm pretty depressed that its over. Having 11 guys over who all have the same passions as I do (bikes, motos, drinking, etc.) is pretty awesome.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
A serious thanks to all you guys for putting this thing on and for the trailwork as well. If Doug would have driven up the mountain one more time, I think he would have come back down with a turban on his head as he would turned into a cab driver from India. Thanks for being the forgotten sherpa and for taking all the honkies to the top.
I have some solid trips to Windrock in the past, but the riding on Saturday goes down as one of the best.
I got sore legs, sore arms, and a sore face from laughing at the all the near misses I had all day.
Windrock never disappoints.

Palehorse

Chimp
May 12, 2011
I had to miss Fall Fest I'm sure it was great. Thought I would post here and see if anyone was going this Saturday.Two of us from Cincinnati want to come down.We got the truck can handle up to 3 maybe 4 more.Been there plenty, we can hold our own. Post up soon as you can. Thanks

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
:rofl:

Between getting in 12 runs on Saturday, 4 or 5 yesterday and all the partying on Saturday evening, I feel like someone took a sh1t on my brain today. Work is not going as planned.
Yah, I feel like someone hit me with a Mac Truck today. I think I fell asleep 6 times on the way home when you were driving.

Doug, Josh, and gang it was great to get to ride the Rock after being away for 2 years. Must do this more often. I had a great time on the Trail and at EC's!!!!!

Cecil

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
Last weekend was one of the best in a long time. It was totally worth the 80 gals of gas and 19.48 hrs of driving. Doug -I cant say thanks enough for shuttling all day, putting us up at your place and showing me around the most challenging dirt bike trails I have seen. (yes I know they are the easiest ones you have). I cant wait to get back up there and conquer those 2 hills that kicked my butt.

Thanks again to everyone that made this weekend come togather. I know it takes a lot of work to keep this trail system going and it is appreciated by so many. Im glad I could finally help out a little.

zakkpw

Chimp
Sep 15, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thanks to everyone who helped organize the weekend! First time at windrock and it was some of the best terrain I've ridden, definatly one to come back for. Also thanks to everyone who showed me the trails.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Should I be worried if the light thorn scratches on my ankle have been hurting/throbbing more than where my pedal destroyed my shin? Something in that dirt at windrock I tell ya..

CHiEF_N

Chimp
Jun 9, 2009
Nice work! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Great shots, editing and perspectives. Was this mostly shot with GoPro or Contour?

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Makes me wish I would have remembered to bring my gopro.. Where is that drop at 6 minutes at?

Now I'm wondering where footage is the Louisianians... I've been looking forward to seeing that crash on GT4 in slow-mo, and watching myself case the road gap.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
it was all gopro ,, and that drop,, is what i think is called the log drop..one of the smoothest drops there,,, and i think its on old windmill trail

Last edited:

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
That's what I thought it was, just looked different from that view or something.

It's definitely one of my favorites too, Josh, from the step-on step-off, steep as hell rocky corners, that drop, then that sweet double.

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA
anyway you can put the video up on youtube? i love this edit a lot and would like to watch it on my phone, unfortunately it doesn't work with my phone through pinkbike :( if not, sick riding and editing mane!