Quantcast

2011 Windrock Fall Fest

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
Not going to be able to make it as it is the wifes bday an she wants to do some xc riding. Have fun

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
As long as you have fun, it does not matter on your skill level. Most riders out there would love to help you or anyone.

If you want to take pictures or video, that would be great too though. Just make sure you post'em up!

-Brett

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Its a light drizzle today. Best thing for the trails really. I hope we still get the forecast rain for Thursday as well.

We'll blow leaves Friday morning and by the afternoon they should be great for the weekend. The lower trails probably won't have many down but the upper trails are starting to turn and drop.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Got confirmation from Cane Creek, Industry 9, and Specialized Tires that they are on board with raffle items. Now if I can only get a hold of John P at Yeti.
May have to sell blood to get there this weekend and rob my daughters piggy banks. How much per raffle ticket by chance? Still $5 per?

With that said...who needs to buy some tires?

Dec 6, 2010
Columbia, SC
QUOTE]

Cool can we finish watching Follow me? You still riding that PBR rocket?[/QUOTE]

We can, and I have Life cycles too, If you haven't seen it then you're in for a treat! And hell yeah, the PBR Rocket is with me for the long run!!

l_1401093ab83b4e0d84250cac2632c22d.jpg

MetalMayhem

Chimp
May 17, 2008
east coast
I'll be there, along with another DH rider from my area on saturday and sunday. Is there gonna be enough room for us to catch shuttle rides? All we have for shuttling is a minivan, probably not much help.

btw, how much is it to get into the park?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
On Windrock Rd about a mile from Oliver Springs turn up the hill to the right at Windrock Park sign. Look for gate and fire plug on right and pull off there. You'll see trail enter beside fire plug. Go left at trail split and follow to gravel then hang a left and climb to to fire plug. Go back in and take trail to right. Go to top of hill and take trail split both directions. Trail was built by same guys who built the DH trails, so its raw, rough, and built like a DH track.
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=977905

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It always takes us right at 2 hrs to do the entire ride including two loops up top (one in each direction). 2hrs for 7 miles tells you its not easy riding. ;)

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Bummed! I'm not gonna make it this year, I dislocated my shoulder again.

Anyone from Greenville or Asheville heading over that could take a few T-shirts for the raffle for me?

headsnap

Chimp
Sep 12, 2011
this thing is Saturday and Sunday correct?

I have a State Championship BMX race on Saturday but am thinking about getting me and the DareDevil(my 10 year old shredder) up early on Sunday and making the trip from Louisville.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Bummed! I'm not gonna make it this year, I dislocated my shoulder again.

Anyone from Greenville or Asheville heading over that could take a few T-shirts for the raffle for me?
Going up early Saturday moring.

I will be bringing Monster Tees and Hats too for the Raffle. Courtesy of Monster and Team RM East!!!!

Cecil

Last edited: