2011 xtr pedals Dh-able?

Would you run these on your DH bike?

• Yes!

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No because I am afraid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pancetta

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • My session can weigh 29.9993 lbs with these!

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?

Some guy at my shop constantly brings them up, so I checked them out. I think I would run them on a dh bike.

I added pancetta because bacon was not lean enough for this thread.

Last edited:

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
If someone gave them to me, I'd run 'em. Hell, I'd run full XTR on my DH bike if someone gave it to me.
That being said, I still have to pay for them, and for the risk of destroying them, it's not worth it.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
they are an awesome looking pedal, sicklines had a dhr posted on their site a while ago that they were running with these pedals. This is what they said
Shimano’s new 2011 XTR Trail pedals were bolted onto our DHR. They’re not official DH pedals but they’ve held up impressively well to some downhill beating. They don’t offer quite the same platform security as their 647′s but they certainly work if you don’t need or require quite that much support.

here is the article in case anyone missed it.

http://www.sicklines.com/projects/project-2011-turner-dhr/

anyway to answer your question, yes I would run them on my DH bike.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
And people called me crazy when I played around with CB Acid and Candy pedals on the DH bike. :)

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I believe the axle is smaller then the old pedals, considering how thin the actual pedal is. I have a pair and they make the old XTR pedals look thick so I would be slightly concerned running them if I was a big aggressive rider, but I am not and mine are on a trail bike.