Quantcast

2011 year of trail evolution

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
We decided it's time to change the trail game forever. 2011 is year of the massive lines. None of this huge 8 pack straight down a hill bull$hit.
We building full blown trails with hips, berms, long lows, step ups, step downs.
This will be the biggest trail line ever built.
Stay tuned.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
The first gap is 40 feet with a 9 foot tall lip.

The next hit out of the berm is a 30 foot hip, with a 40 foot tall landing. Pics to come soon.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Thanks for the vote of confidence homey... My brain ain't scared... it's my ankles that are crying holy water right now :)
My ankles are full of metal bro. My bike of choice is always the Cryptkeeper, but on these giant fvckers i'm gona have to go with a slopestyle bike.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
bout fvcking time!! Glad I didn't buy that bike for nothing. ;)

You need some hands down there?

Looking sick as hell. I just forgot about ski season in about 0.2 seconds.
Yeah brotha. I can use you. You the only guy not there i trust to build the best $hit. Just can't pay you. Free room tho. Our budget is shot.
If you want in, you are in.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I am looking very forward to seeing more pics of this trail build. That first shot with the landing making you guys look like ants blows me away. That is some serious sh1T

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
fyck. looking forward to seeing riding shots of that, video would also be rad, I bet there is some serious speed.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I'm pretty sure something is bad is going to happen to the earths orbit with all that dirt stacked up over there.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Man the comments on vital are awesome. So many experts out there! If zach had only known ahead of time who to contact!

True.

This is the only forum I look at because it seems like everyone on here actually digs and rides and is not all about negativity.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
anyone get hurt yet on these things? 80 feet? broken backs? what's the haps, yo?

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
The Mega Trails are legit as fvck. We workin out the kinks so others don't take the violence. It's some $hit to deal with speed at dj's that hasn't been seen yet.
C-Money broke his T-12 overshooting 80 feet to flat.
He's healing already, and will be shredding by the end of summer.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Kick Ass! any action shots?
Not really yet. We just been putting in work gettin them runnin. Shots will be goin off soon though. The rippers of the world are drooling.

Here is one shot of me threeing after the 50 foot long low.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
point of curiosity:

once you gotten to that size, and degree of downhill trails, does pumping become almost irrelevant...?

I'm sure it depends or your transitions and the speed you have/need, but what were your thoughts going into the design, just blast and ride, or work it the whole way?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Heal soon C-Money. 80 feet to flat is some real serious sh1t. Zach - WTF? - 50 foot long low to boost 3 is wicked.

How the hell do you guys pony up to that size stuff? I put the skirt on trying anything over 12ft. But you northern guys have been a little tapped (in a good way) for a long time - I've got a scene report on NorCal in an old issue of BMX Action showing dudes like Bob Medrano blasting big stuff.

Can't wait to see more footage.