Quantcast

2012 Specialized SX Trail sizing - 6'2" rider?

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
just ordering new frame and cant get to it to try for size so wanted to ask here.
I'm 6ft 2" tall, 220lbs.

large or medium?

I ride a large enduro with 35mm stem and t fit like a glove. I like short stems.

thanks
Ian

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
Yeah, I love the reach for AM riding but was curious if for jumping and drops and more dh stuff if a shorter reach may be better?
Any buckets out there can comment too?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Yeah, I love the reach for AM riding but was curious if for jumping and drops and more dh stuff if a shorter reach may be better?
Any buckets out there can comment too?
LOL on the auto-correct. I'mma Bucket!

I'd still go with a L, personaly. I was riding size M DH bikes from 02-05 and always felt like I was getting bucked forward in rough sections or off drops. I switched to a L on the same model and the dif was instantly better. I can move around a lot more to find the ideal sweet spot on the steeps, and when I get hung up on something it's easier to stay on the bike. I'm noticably more comfortable and thus faster on a L over a M.

Think of it like a pushup. It's easier to do them when your hands are centered under your chest, but substantialy harder when you're doing them several inches further down towards your stomach. Add that to the ability to move around a little more and the only thing you lose is that bmx feel, but who want's that on a DH bike? At 6'2", you should be on a L or up.

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
bloody autocorrect...cracks me up. :)
This is no lie, I was going to meet my wife at a pub called the whitehouse.....sent her a message saying "at the whitehouse" which is auto corrected to "at the whorehouse", I mean, WTF...why is auto correct even suggesting whorehouse as an option! I got a right earful.

Sat on a medium this afternoon and its close.....but think you talk sense in your comments above.