Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Like I was hinting at previously, I think that getting input from the Athertons might eventually translate into changes to the Fury in the coming years. Geo changes on the frame probably won't happen until they have collected enough data to support a design change meaning the creation of new molds (EXPENSIVE), retooling, etc.

IF GT does decide to (don't see why they wouldn't) utilize input from the Athertons and translate this into the next evolution of the Fury, I would be STOKED to see what they come up with!

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
Ahh, its not a URT, unless your definition of URT is different from mine?
BB moves as a direct result of the suspension compressing, and rider weight has a direct influence on resisting movement.

No matter how its implemented having a portion of a persons' weight fighting against suspension movement is not a good idea. How many times have you seen any manufacturer in any sport trying to add dead weight to a swingarm or wheel to improve performance?

Don't get me wrong though, they look excellent, made from carbon fibre and I'd love to own one if only it was missing the whole "swingarm attached to the BB shell" part. Or if this was optional.

Last edited:

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
BB moves as a direct result of the suspension compressing, and rider weight has a direct influence on resisting movement.

No matter how its implemented having a portion of a persons' weight fighting against suspension movement is not a good idea. How many times have you seen any manufacturer in any sport trying to add dead weight to a swingarm or wheel to improve performance?

Don't get me wrong though, they look excellent, made from carbon fibre and I'd love to own one if only it was missing the whole "swingarm attached to the BB shell" part. Or if this was optional.
Hmmm, ok, I see your point. However its still not a URT, as in the BB and rear axle are not on the same suspension member, they're separated by a pivoty linkey thuimgummy.

And take it for what its worth, but I've just invested in a GT sanction, which is also an Idrive.:rolleyes:
And I did quite like my old Idrive Ruckus, if it didnt have such wacky geo and the 11 miwlion cracks, I'd still have it.:D

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia

It is not an URT, and as much as I too dislike the concept, the riders weight would have a lot less leverage on the swingarm than it would if it were an URT I'd imagine, otherwise they'd have just made it an URT.

Last edited:

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
It is not an URT, and as much as I too dislike the concept, the riders weight would have a lot less leverage on the swingarm than it would if it were an URT I'd imagine, otherwise they'd have just made it an URT.
Yes but your bodyweight still has an effect. Just like cable tying some lead weights to the rear swingarm to make it perform better. Just doesn't make sense.

Aug 4, 2008
The fact is that I havent met a guy who owned and didn't like a GT I-Drive DH bike.

Also it would be hard to say that I-Drive bikes don't do what they are supposed to do. Kinda unlike your average URT design.

Move along.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't understand why he has no sponsor yet? He had a very good season. Don't know if not one of the best in his career.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
what teams are left on SRAM? monster energy specialized, Giant, and?

the seem to have lost GT, Syndicate, maybe more

thats at least 5 blackbox riders not returning...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
One Industries makes their official announcement.
looks like they are using the Athertons to try get into the MTB scene...in the Fall

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ONE-Industries-Sign-Atherton-GT-Racing.html
I'm going to miss the Animal stuff. There wasn't a more professional looking team out there, with one company handling the design of everything from the paint to the pants, things looked right.
It must have been a really fun project working on all of the design and branding stuff for the dudes over there.
Surely the One stuff those guys end up running is going to look awesome too, but the minute marketing touches Animal has always thrown in(going back to the Orange days) has always been a highlight of DH marketing gimmicks.
I probably missed the press release where it said that Animal is stepping up to support a few less-developed UK downhillers, right?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
There wasn't a more professional looking team out there, with one company handling the design of everything from the paint to the pants, things looked right.
I think the Scott 11 is on a similar level, not as stylish but they really look like a team (unlike e.g. the Syndicate).

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
I also want to see it first that peaty has gone away from rs/sram before i belive it. Could it be just bryceland doing something like CG. Syndicate riders have had some different components before.

Guess we just have to wait and see

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Last edited: