Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
You claim US of A is full of dust and molds?
I don't believe I've claimed anything. I linked to a source that is all about the question you were pondering. There's a lot more than mold and dust in the USofA, although visit either Portland (mold) or Arizona (Dust) and you might think otherwise.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
AMM: Abestos, McDonalds, Marlboro
IE: breathing the hovering shlt southern californians called air in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Right when EJ was growing up.

Super bummed for Elliot but you can't ride bikes that well and not figure out a way to stay in the game if you really want to. I'd love to see that dude become a full time video subject. I'd buy every one of them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
IE: breathing the hovering shlt southern californians called air in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Right when EJ was growing up.

Super bummed for Elliot but you can't ride bikes that well and not figure out a way to stay in the game if you really want to. I'd love to see that dude become a full time video subject. I'd buy every one of them.
Rampage 2014

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
For the EUs on here: paying out of pocket retail for quality healthcare (not low cap garbage) in the USA can easily be $800 per month.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
For the EUs on here: paying out of pocket retail for quality healthcare (not low cap garbage) in the USA can easily be $800 per month.
You also earn more ;) But it's still silly. In terms of surgery you can get top surgeons + a plane tickets under 8k$. Hell my last 2 surgeries combined were 4k$ total with 2 days waiting time so 800$/Month is silly.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
You also earn more ;) But it's still silly. In terms of surgery you can get top surgeons + a plane tickets under 8k$. Hell my last 2 surgeries combined were 4k$ total with 2 days waiting time so 800$/Month is silly.
The US health care system is F-ed up, just leave it at that. We don't need spreadsheets to prove that, it sucks, end of discussion in the DH forum.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I think it might actually be the opposite. We are too clean. There are interesting studies with parasites.
You suggest to avoid astma I should clean my flat even less often? I will tell that to any girl who will come over. "Sorry gal, I'm fighting astma"

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
You suggest to avoid astma I should clean my flat even less often? I will tell that to any girl who will come over. "Sorry gal, I'm fighting astma"
Yes, and get a cat and have more than one child when you have kids. Don't let it go too far though, the pendulum swings the other way when you bring roach feces into the equation.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
Damn. I was, as of a coincidence, at the bank today (buying a house, dealing with the loans) and got offered an insurance I thought was quite expensive. Would cover health and dental up to $150k US (converted from local currency) for dental care costs, otherwise its for disability compensation and to cover loss of income, which would cost me less than $14 US/month. Didn't take the offer, was A LOT more expensive than what I've got today..

On the other hand, bike parts are a lot cheaper in the US!

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Seems like Royal got the same treatment as Trek??
http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-release/ROYAL-RACING-AND-TREK-WORLD-RACING-JOIN-FORCES-FOR-3-MORE-YEARS,702

J/K... but you know Royal signed that contract under the assumption their 3 years would match up with Gwin's 3 years (of intent)

I almost wonder if this was part of it, he was unable to source other sponsors that were not under the Trek tent aside from Redbull??? Martin said that no one rider is bigger than the team.

Money from Trek and Specialized were equal, but other earning potential outside of TWR were limited?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i just spoke with another super secret industry insider. the latest is that sinyard personally got gwin in touch with lil wayne's orthodontist/jeweler

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, what can they possibly gain from that?

Are they trying to make Gwin feel like a douche and come crying back to the team?

I love this drama.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Holy ****. How can Trek be so stupid?

I was surprised to see Specialized being so cool about Sam leaving, but their coolness only becomes more evident when compared with Treks crybaby ****.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Holy ****. How can Trek be so stupid?

I was surprised to see Specialized being so cool about Sam leaving, but their coolness only becomes more evident when compared with Treks crybaby ****.
You do realize that TWR is separate from Trek and owned by Martin Whitely, right? Trek was merely a title sponsor kind of like how RockyRoads was the UCI Mtb World Cup title sponsor.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Seems like a bit of a red flag for potential TWR riders, not to mention, perhaps a bit of insight into the environment/ culture of TWR for the rest of us.