Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Is Fairclough already with 23 degrees?

The latest two signings to the 23 family, arriving in 5 weeks... on Twitpic

Saw this a while ago, thought that it might mean Brook and Brendan.
Brendan signed a two year deal with 23 degreees in 2007. Covered his year on Honda (essentially a 23 degrees rider not full honda) and the following year with Iron Horse. he parted ways with 23 Degrees after the 2008 season.

keep in mind that 23 Degrees makes money on contracts as well. Sign up with Martin and he finds you a better deal and handles the details like any good manager. Of course in return you give back 10% or more of your contract to him.

I am sure Martin will say this does not cause conflict of interest when he runs his own team as well. Captain 23 owns the team Trek World Racing, and also collects money from contracts negotiated for riders on other teams. For example, do you think specialized wants to negotiate a contracts with the owner of Treks team? and have some of the money go to him?

Hence the reason Martin has a revolving door of up and coming talent. His services can open many doors but also close some. Once established most of his riders do not renew with him.

That said. If Brooke has a contract with MS through 2012 and also has established a deal with Red Bull on his own, what is he signing on with Martin for? I would venture a guess that that MS contract is not so secure otherwise 23 degrees would not even be in the picture.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Shaun O'Connor is now yeti-fox also. Source is from the specialized race in indonesia. Yeti's back!

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
isn't this the second time Popo has beaten hill and brosnan? Somebody get that guy on a full factory team, I don't care if its a local trail he's racing on, if he can beat them on that trail, he can probably go real quick on another trail too.

dylan s

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
Shaun O'Connor is now yeti-fox also. Source is from the specialized race in indonesia. Yeti's back!

anyone notice next to Troy and Sam its says "specialized world team" instead of "monster energy specialized" is there anything in that or is it just because the race was sponsored by specialized and had nothing to do with the world cup team?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
isn't this the second time Popo has beaten hill and brosnan? Somebody get that guy on a full factory team, I don't care if its a local trail he's racing on, if he can beat them on that trail, he can probably go real quick on another trail too.
FYI, those are seeding results.

Here are the ones that actually count

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
FYI, those are seeding results.

Here are the ones that actually count

Excellent work, I was going to say it earlier that those were just seeding results, but was going to wait until race results were published!

:thumb:

Good to see samuel hill back on the top step of the podium.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm glad my life isn't so boring as to be concerned about the minute details of pro sponsorship deals....pow shredding this morning was awesome though!
Quit stealing our storms dammit!

The last four fronts that were headed our way split right at californy. Half goes to you guys, the other half goes to baja. I need to go buy a new bike so it finally starts snowing here. Baker and BC are looking ridiculous right now.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Quit stealing our storms dammit!

The last four fronts that were headed our way split right at californy. Half goes to you guys, the other half goes to baja. I need to go buy a new bike so it finally starts snowing here. Baker and BC are looking ridiculous right now.
a couple more big storms lined up for fri/sat too! BOOOYAH!