Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I honestly think Brosnan will continue to outshine Hill..which will be an odd position for Hill to be in.
I would have to say at this point from a sponsors point of view, Hill is still around to help Brosnan become a more matured WC racer. Not saying Hills done with, but from an investment view, I would put my $$ on Brosnan.

Cecil

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Might be safe to say that Fairclough left specialized to avoid being the third wheel. I honestly think Brosnan will continue to outshine Hill..which will be an odd position for Hill to be in.
Sam raced to races after worlds: Sam wone the first and was second yesterday - not that bad after nearly two years more or less out with injuries.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
Yeah Troy was 3.6% more likely to win that race than Sam was cause Sam's shoulder is only 87% healed can only take 92% as much hits as it did before the injury.

Oh please... Troy is Spec's biggest gun right now. I want to see him and Hart go at it next season. I didn't realize their ages were not that far off.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Tracy Moseley, the 2011 downhill World Cup champion and 2010 downhill World Champion, will be refocusing her racing efforts in 2012 under the T-Mo Racing banner. The Trek-sponsored rider will expand her racing calendar to include a variety of race formats next year......

With support from Trek, Tracy’s new objective is to elevate her profile as an all-round mountain bike athlete. She has set goals to finish in podium positions across all of her planned races, and to gain points for World Championship selection in both cross country Pro Sprint, and downhill. She will have a variety of bikes from the Trek quiver to choose from, including a Session 9.9 and Slash, as she pursues her new aims.
http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Tracy-Moseley-Announces-T-Mo-Racing,397

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I would have to say at this point from a sponsors point of view, Hill is still around to help Brosnan become a more matured WC racer. Not saying Hills done with, but from an investment view, I would put my $$ on Brosnan.

Cecil
From a sponsors point of view I'd go with Hill. Sure, Troy got press for winning and when he's on the gas but Sam gets press just for showing up.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
She was Stomping the pedals right across the finish-line* even though she knew she'd win by a mile. Im guessing she wanted to beat as many of the males as possible, plus show how determined she is.

* Its a damn physical/long track

I reckon she'll podium a fairbit, possibly even win at the WC's.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Lee,
Sam gets press when hes at home, doing nothing...(See all the Sam Hill internet drivel after each world cup he 'didnt' attend this year).
Hey Stik,

Is there a way to actually quantify that type of exposure? I mean, you guys "know" who he is, but how do you quantify the amount of exposure he gets TLD? Point of curiousity for me. Have always wondered and now with the advent of the net, it gets weirder. I mena, you pay a guy "x" amount of dollars for getting a certain pic in a mag. But do riders get anything for number of hits on the net or pics posted online per month...etc.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
It all boils down to sales right?
Boils down to our dealers knowing about our athletes, following what they do, knowing what products/kits/helmets/protection they are in.

When the Monster Specialized team launched our medusa gear this past season, our bike dealers sold out of it, in the weeks after the event...Dirt team guys, we saw a nice uptick in sales when they launched the stinger kits, etc...I can't say we rely solely on the media/mags/websites, I prefer to inform our dealers with news and updates from TLD, about our team-they in turn get pumped up about the product they are selling and pass that psych on to the customers.

Some dealers live off the legend of Sam Hill, I talked to dealers that think Sam Hill 'is the most amazing racer of all time' but had no idea he was out mid season from injury.

If you are asking about athlete incentives, everyone has a different deal, some athletes have purely competition bonuses and salaries, some have bonuses based on their web presence, I structure them all differently and work with each athlete individually to get a contract that works for them and make them happy, while selling gear for us and most importantly, USING the athletes for product development.

Hey Stik,

Is there a way to actually quantify that type of exposure? I mean, you guys "know" who he is, but how do you quantify the amount of exposure he gets TLD? Point of curiousity for me. Have always wondered and now with the advent of the net, it gets weirder. I mena, you pay a guy "x" amount of dollars for getting a certain pic in a mag. But do riders get anything for number of hits on the net or pics posted online per month...etc.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Is it just a case of hating on the UCI because people love to be on whatever bandwagon is the cosyest to be on? I mean for sure the RockyRoads website is one piece of dog **** but the logo for the Premier race series of the sport we all love is not that bloody bad, it's just simple not amazing or ground braking graphic design but just a bloody logo. I saw a lot of the various ideas, designs and logos the graphic designer in-house at the UCI centre had, this defininetly is a lot ****ter then what it could have been. But it was in the end Melanie and Will Ockelton who made the final decisions on the logo and both of those people have the series best interest at heart. You also have to see that the Sponsors part of the logo are easily interchanged with any potential new sponsors who come in after Shimano and RockyRoads. (Something that's defo happening ASAP!). I'm not defending averageness of the logo at hand here but it is a damn site better then the past generic UCI logo and better still in my opinion then say the Monster energy supercross logo, FIS Alpine or Freestyle skiing any of the FIA or FIM motorsport logos etc.... At the end of the day it's a ****ing logo, but I suppose any excuse to hammer away at the filthy auld UCI and drum up a good old Rockyroads versus Freecaster fight!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Is it just a case of hating on the UCI because people love to be on whatever bandwagon is the cosyest to be on? I mean for sure the RockyRoads website is one piece of dog **** but the logo for the Premier race series of the sport we all love is not that bloody bad, it's just simple not amazing or ground braking graphic design but just a bloody logo. I saw a lot of the various ideas, designs and logos the graphic designer in-house at the UCI centre had, this defininetly is a lot ****ter then what it could have been. But it was in the end Melanie and Will Ockelton who made the final decisions on the logo and both of those people have the series best interest at heart. You also have to see that the Sponsors part of the logo are easily interchanged with any potential new sponsors who come in after Shimano and RockyRoads. (Something that's defo happening ASAP!). I'm not defending averageness of the logo at hand here but it is a damn site better then the past generic UCI logo and better still in my opinion then say the Monster energy supercross logo, FIS Alpine or Freestyle skiing any of the FIA or FIM motorsport logos etc.... At the end of the day it's a ****ing logo, but I suppose any excuse to hammer away at the filthy auld UCI and drum up a good old Rockyroads versus Freecaster fight!
Problem is the old UCI one was pro looking. This one looks like a 12 year olds intro to MS paint first project.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
If I worked for Shimano, I'd be ashamed to have my logo stuck into that mess.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
RockyRoads website is one piece of dog **** but the logo for the Premier race series of the sport we all love is not that bloody bad, it's just simple not amazing or ground braking graphic design but just a bloody logo.
I think bloody is the key word here. I can't imagine I am the only one with that mental image which is a complete failure as far as logos go.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
A lot of brands have ****ed themselves with ****ty redesigns. Although this is more akin to planting a flag in a pile of turd.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
as an excuse for the rest of ye not to go to the rocky roads site, here is the logo, is it me or does it look like a bomb?

View attachment 108965
I actually love that the curved/rounded left side is taller that the horizontal lines that lead into it.

Makes in look a bit like a dick... probably much like the one R.Roads has managed to stick way up the UCI's ass