Quantcast

2012 US Gravity Nationals - Post game wrap up and pictures

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Practice day was awesome. However the overnight rain made Cat2/3 practice on Friday morning very sketch. It was much better by my run at 9:45 but it is a VERY different course wet vs dry. I snapped a few pictures...

My buddy Don (OffCamber)

Green guy

Random Bar hump guy

Me

Rest of the album
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v306/MTB_Rob_FL/2012 DH Nationals - Beech Mountain/

I can't wait until this is a full blown bike park. Thanks again to the crew @ Beech

I'm the third guy in the pic.

I took fourth.

Please tell me someone has video of me getting on the podium.

I ERUPTED when my name was called!!!!

I am so on a high from this. For the last 12 years or so, I have been trying to have a result like this.

To do it at the national championships, for me was absolutley AMAZING!!!!!

For everyone that came up to me and congradulated me and said something about my celebration, I thank you so much. This is something I have worked for for a long time.

I still can't believe it. l am so happy.

For all the SE racers I have been racing with, I thank you so much for all of your support and friendship.

I DID IT!!!!! I GOT ON THE PODIUM!!!!!!

Last edited:

WP0l3

Chimp
Aug 13, 2011
No video, but I have a photo of the podium if you want it. good job man!

I'm the third guy in the pic.

I took fourth.

Please tell me someone has video of me getting on the podium.

I ERUPTED when my name was called!!!!

I am so on a high from this. For the last 12 years or so, I have been trying to have a result like this.

To do it at the national championships, for me was absolutley AMAZING!!!!!

For everyone that came up to me and congradulated me and said something about my celebration, I thank you so much. This is something I have worked for for a long time.

I still can't believe it. l am so happy.

For all the SE racers I have been racing with, I thank you so much for all of your support and friendship.

I DID IT!!!!! I GOT ON THE PODIUM!!!!!!

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
The crew at Dirt Passion would like to thank everybody for their support over the weekend. The entire crew had an absolute blast!

Stay tuned for the short film..... written and directed by each of YOU, THE RIDERS! All we did was document it. Should be ready in a few weeks.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Thats Nik Duk, he was released from the hospital. Bad concusion, but was released to his mom. David Meredith, One Ghost owner posted that. The pi of his goggles I posted in the other Nationals thread is gnar.

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
Props to Beech and everyone else involved for an awesome race weekend! :thumb:

To all of the photographers- Any pics of DH #493 or DS #177 (cat 3 40+) would be greatly appreciated

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
I watched nik crash. I was litterally scared he might have died... that man needs a medal for gnarliest crash Ever! Very glad he is not hurt worse. But on a more comforting note, huge thanks to dirt passion for all the hard work this week! You guys are gonna be the reason downhill gets put on the map In the public eye. Much apreesh.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Last edited:

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
What a great weekend. Super fun dry practice on Thursday, amazing muddy race run at 9:16am on Friday morning, and an awesome time in the rock garden on Sunday.

Still haven't seen any pictures of me yet (#369 - Cat 2, 25-29), so if anyone has any, let me know. Also, picture of the podium would be awesome.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Thanks for the photo Rob. Just got home. Wish I didn't wreck during my race. I caught that guy in front of me twice:think:

Also a big thanks to the Florida Crew for giving me a place to hang. Had a blast.

WP0l3

Chimp
Aug 13, 2011
Is this it?

pod.PNG

What a great weekend. Super fun dry practice on Thursday, amazing muddy race run at 9:16am on Friday morning, and an awesome time in the rock garden on Sunday.

Still haven't seen any pictures of me yet (#369 - Cat 2, 25-29), so if anyone has any, let me know. Also, picture of the podium would be awesome.

Last edited:

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Any pics of #362/guy in the bright green helmet would be appreciated as well!

I have a few pics as well I will post up soon

Was a great weekend but bummed to have a big mistake in my race run off the rock feature. Congrads to all the winners!

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
It's not just me (there's no "j" in team).... don't forget Jacob Teer, Sam Anderson, Chris Annesi..... and we had extra help from Heither, Nick and Will as well this weekend.
There's no "J" but a "I" was found!

582558_442356312461290_1667395769_n.jpg

Really thanks for promoting and supporting this sport.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Just wanted to say big ups to Beech Mtn for putting on another great event yet again. Certainly wish the weather was moar dry, as I think the Pro course would be the mutts nutz in dry/tacky conditions (well that and me not sucking at riding bicycles).

Special props to the photogs as well, as we all love self-aggrandizing pix of ourselves :thumb:

Looking forward to the August race!

diego5387

Chimp
Jun 9, 2010
hello, does anybody have pictures of 226, CAT 1 either saturday practice or sunday race?

thanks for your time