Quantcast

2012 Windham World Cup

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
that was just a guess :rolleyes:

Gwin won too of course

so all the big guys are hitting enough races before the WC season to get enough points?
Maybe Stick can comment on that. Seems a bit strange since some of them are not that active in the offseason.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
How the heck did Rachel not get DQ'd???? She totally gained time and got the win by not having to re-enter the course where she went out. How was that any different than somebody cutting out a corner and riding through the tape?

Sure by loosing it off the jump, she didn't gain time, but by continuing to ride outside the tape she was able to take the win. Didn't Peaty get DQ'd for the same thing last year?

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
How the heck did Rachel not get DQ'd???? She totally gained time and got the win by not having to re-enter the course where she went out. How was that any different than somebody cutting out a corner and riding through the tape?
I understand the reasoning but I also remember times where people were DQ'ed in the same situation

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
They said it didn't benefit her, so no DQ? Seems like the same situation Peat got dq'd for last year.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011

Sure by loosing it off the jump, she didn't gain time, but by continuing to ride outside the tape she was able to take the win. Didn't Peaty get DQ'd for the same thing last year?
She's a RedBull-Athlete so...

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'll be surprised if they don't make a change to Rachael Atherton. I can't imagine anyone really believing that she didn't gain considerable time not going back to where she left the course. It was easily the difference in 1st and 7th and a huge impact on the overall World Cup results.

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Awesome coverage.. Stayed of rm to avoid spoilage with the delay.. I know I saw a tear in Gee's eye.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
another year of racing and doing this well and he's gonna kill individual WC wins records. Dudes a beast for sure.
That's what I was thinking. What's the record? 16? Though it makes it a bit boring for me to watch a race for the 2nd place ;)

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Awesome discussion here. That rock garden is INSANE. But Gwin and Stevie made it look like flat 0_0

Could we just fast forward to world champs now? :D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
> 169 USA19890523 SYLVESTRI Michael DNS

Wonder what happened.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
So the rule isn't that you have to re-enter where you left the course, but that you only have to re-enter where you left if you didn't gain an advantage? That seems too subjective.

Also, Gwin sure did find his sport. He's talented, dedicated and just happened to apply it to the most appropriate activity for his skillset.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Rob seems to think it's fair considering the time she lost and still putting it together. If were siding with armchair quarterbacks, I'm gonna side with the guy whose raced world cups.
I agree with him, didn't see any issues with it, because she obviously lost a lot of time with the whole ordeal...