Quantcast

2012 World Cup #7 - Hafjell

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
teams and riders are trickling in - the schedule is a bit different with quali's on friday and finals on saturday - nothing on sunday.

schedule:

time zone convert:
quali's: live timing should be here.
05:30 PDT/MST
06:30 MDT
07:30 CDT
08:30 EDT

finals women:
04:15 PDT/MST
05:15 MDT
06:15 CDT
07:15 EDT

finals men:
05:00 PDT/MST
06:00 MDT
07:00 CDT
08:00 EDT

and helmet cam:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looking forward to seeing this one. I hope gwin's chain doesn't jam again! ;)

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Shizer, that course looks legit, as it seems to offer a little bit of everything. Looking forward to this, as it will be interesting to see how things play out with a Worlds Champ being crowned and the overall is also over.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
There have been some changes to the track since that vid' was recorded last year. They have made the jumps in the beginning a bit bigger, the track is generally a bit rougher and more blown out, the tabletop to berm at 1:10 has been made about 2 meters longer and the berm higher with better support. The track is just awesome, and I'm super stoked to be here and getting to see the top dogs blowing through these forests.

And I live next to Devinci Global Racing, maybe I should see if Smith wants to trade his carbon frame with my alu wilson? Not like he needs it after this saturday anyways.....

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
Transcend: The forecast is saying -4 with a slight dusting of snow tomorrow morning at 7-8 o'clock, so I hope you brought your long pants... (I'm riding shorts but hey, I'm swedish ;) )

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Transcend: The forecast is saying -4 with a slight dusting of snow tomorrow morning at 7-8 o'clock, so I hope you brought your long pants... (I'm riding shorts but hey, I'm swedish ;) )
I think shorts are his long pants....

sorry dude, I had to- not enough short jokes around here lately.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Epic day. Rode the park all morning (which is SICK). Did a course walk on a track that has Sam Hill more excited than I have ever seen him, and then did a team staff DH race on my trail bike on and off the WC track. So much fun. Norway rules.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
i wish i could go :/ Hafjell is always awesome..

And got a set of buddies going up there the weekend after.. grrr.. stupid life stuff taking away riding time !!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Stoked to see the Brendog, Bulldog and Hill riding that course!
This is going to be a good one!

Is Ropelato also there?

From pinkbike:
I have never seen Sam Hill this excited to ride a track.
The fanboi in me isexcited too!

Last edited:

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Yeah really strange that he gets a new bike for the last race. Maybe the both brakes at the same time fail explanation was the lesser of the two evils...

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
What does a broken frame have to do with brakes that failed?

BTW- Gwin rides a Trek made out of teh CARBONZ which is ways betters.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The course looks nice. Heard great things about hafjell though I'd really want to see an updated helmetcam of it since some parts looked strange to me when Peaty walked them.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
^ true, obviously his bar humps on sizeable jumps were a miss understood communication and he was actually using his penis to tell Monkdawg that his frame had snapped in two (but being magically held together by the power of rawkjesus)

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Bad link, but my guess is that sound could be any number of things - fork, fencing, helmet, etc...

And I would think if the frame really broke, it wouldn't survive above mentioned stem molestations, being carbon and all..

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The course looks nice. Heard great things about hafjell though I'd really want to see an updated helmetcam of it since some parts looked strange to me when Peaty walked them.
There is VID out, not sure where I saw it. Maybe vital. It is Greg and peaty riding today.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Given the size of the jumps and the speeds he was going, and the fact that before they mentioned brakes at all and everybody thought it was the guide, and then the part where mick hannah said he squeezed gwins brakes at the bottom and said they pulled back to the bars, I think its fairly safe to assume it was the brakes.

Anyway, I know your trolling for no other reason then because you're stupid, but just a heads up: I know you have a big boner for YT, and I honestly have never had somebody sell me so hard on NOT ever ever touching or buying a bike as you are right now simply by association. Besides hipsters and fixies. You're on par with them. Anyway, I know I, and I'm guessing several other members on this forum, would not buy a bike from them because of your active presence flaming on everything that isn't them. Which is bad for you, because the more people that buy them, the cheaper they are for you.

Anyway, back on topic and back to how awesome vital is: http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Wide-Open-Hafjell-Norway-World-Cup-DH-Action,4310/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2