Quantcast

2012 World Cup Dates

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I know for a fact that Winter Park and Crested Butte here in Colorado want a world cup in the near future. However I think 2012 is early from what I understand.

I think it would be cool to see a South America race too, people seem to forget the other America continent despite the popularity of mt biking down there. Truly becoming a World (wide) Cup.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Be nice to see them go back to some of the eastern edges too, aus/NZ & Japan.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Overall looks really good, a bit to smooth and straight in a few sections though imo. But i guess it could look different by race time.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
track looks sick! few long road sections but they all look to be pointed downhill and will not be super pedaly. that flat rock garden will be very good "make or break" section

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
well, given that helmet cams usually make steep trails look flat, and that looked steep, I'm betting its got some pretty steep sections. It also looked like there were some ridiculously fast sections, and watching people monstertruck through fast wideopen sections after ruts have developed, particularly if there is been any rain that week, is always rad. There were also big jumps, which are always great to see more of, and at about 2 minutes it looked really steep, really rooty, and really off camber, which should make for some pretty high skill riding. One of the few times helmet cam footage has got me amped to see a race.

I think I'm probably as excited about this race as I am about any race this coming year. Also, hopefully with redbulls resources and cameras, they're able to capitalize on those wide open sections well.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
BRAAAAP. That top looks full moto, sick. Middle has some interesting steep awkward rock stuff too. They just need to throw some more moto kickers into those fast open grass sections.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
I love the Hafjell track, it's not very tech in the dry (except the gnarly rock/offcamber section) but it makes that up by being stupid fast in parts.

And if it rains, things are going to be entertaining. :) The two rock sections will attract a lot of spectators. ;)

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
being an avg rider, and having tried the hafjell track, mosts of its decent, some of the rock sections are damn tricky when wet.. - i can safely say that cos its only ever been wet when ive been there :)

i hope i can get up there to watch the WC this year..

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
For being so wide it looks oddly one line-ish up top (but scary fast). The first rock garden is what, 20 seconds long?? Holy crap. It also looks fairly one line though. Hitting that and carrying momentum will be key.