Quantcast

2013 888 Evo Ti v 2013 380 CR

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Looking for a little bit of real-world input here since I can't seem to find much in the way of a decent review on either. I know the evo ti is a bit lighter but it will also cost me about an extra $250. Does anyone have any experience with the 380? I'm more than happy to pay the price difference if the performance is worth it but I can't seem to find much out there to help me make this decision...'Monkeys, react! If anyone has rode either your input would be greatly appreciated!

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
I think alone on weight saving, 380 is worth. Less dive, I think.

If you got very good price for 888, why not go on that route too. Who knows if it comes cheaper 380 cr sub 3kg next year.

Last edited:

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
I have heard the 888 rc3 does dive but that could be an issue of the rider not having it sprung properly or adjusting the shim stack in a way to prevent that...Weight is a bit of a concern but honestly performance is more important then saving .5lb

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
I have heard the 888 rc3 does dive but that could be an issue of the rider not having it sprung properly or adjusting the shim stack in a way to prevent that...Weight is a bit of a concern but honestly performance is more important then saving .5lb
you get more value per $ if you choose older and heavier fork. You have answered your own question ;)

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
more knobs to twiddle on 380=more betterness.

not many/any people have time on the 380, but I had a CR, which I liked a lot. I'd vote for the newer damper and chassis, as I think Marz has a lot to prove, and they're going to actually try this time around.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
more knobs to twiddle on 380=more betterness.

not many/any people have time on the 380, but I had a CR, which I liked a lot. I'd vote for the newer damper and chassis, as I think Marz has a lot to prove, and they're going to actually try this time around.
Last time they tried it didn't end up too good. I believe in the 380 but Marzo is not a company I'd blindly buy. Especially when they introduce something that wasn't handed to them by bos and isn't an iteration of HSCV

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what didn't end up well? When they shipped everything over to taiwan, they didn't try very hard. When they realized they had dropped from first or second place to dead effin' last, they started trying again. The 2010+ forks are good. The 2008, not so much. The 2007s and prior, pretty good.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
what didn't end up well? When they shipped everything over to taiwan, they didn't try very hard. When they realized they had dropped from first or second place to dead effin' last, they started trying again. The 2010+ forks are good. The 2008, not so much. The 2007s and prior, pretty good.
The 2008 shift wasn't only production problems. When everyone was going for lighter, more adjustable forks they decided to create a heavier, less adjustable one that worked worse than the 2007. 2009 was fault free but the design was crap.

When in 06 or 07 they wanted to create a dh worthy air spring it lost travel like crazy

Early 55 dampers were also a string of failures.

Don't get me wrong, I like their products I'm just cautious after they had some silly ideas. Not to mention the company is run by strange people. Now they have great products, not so long ago they were really strong on the OEM maket, now? They are faaar behind.

They also have only one 44 model now. Which means they have an xc for and a 170mm fork. Nothing in between.

Isn't the 55 also 26'' only?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
The 2008 shift wasn't only production problems. When everyone was going for lighter, more adjustable forks they decided to create a heavier, less adjustable one that worked worse than the 2007. 2009 was fault free but the design was crap.

When in 06 or 07 they wanted to create a dh worthy air spring it lost travel like crazy

Early 55 dampers were also a string of failures.

Don't get me wrong, I like their products I'm just cautious after they had some silly ideas. Not to mention the company is run by strange people. Now they have great products, not so long ago they were really strong on the OEM maket, now? They are faaar behind.

They also have only one 44 model now. Which means they have an xc for and a 170mm fork. Nothing in between.

Isn't the 55 also 26'' only?
google "marzocchi 350"

Bealsie7

Chimp
May 25, 2014
I wouldn't ride the 380 with the standard spring if you weigh more than 130lbs! And even then you'd possibly need some preload...