Quantcast

2013 stoke

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Anybody from Mount Snow check this thing?
Brandon?

I'm SO STOKED to shred Mt. Snow this season.
What's sweet new stuff is going to get built?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Had a pretty rad time riding this past Wednesday and Sunday.
It's pretty dang rainy again this week, so with trail maitnenace it's pretty much one step forward, one step back.

Trail 9(the wicked fun bike park-type trail that got finished up at the end of last season) was running pretty well yesterday.
The lips in the open have been re-sculpted for sweeter airtime and that trail.

The trail crew is mostly new this year(from the winter mtn op's staff) but they're quickly picking stuff up.

I brought my girlfriend- she's only been riding mtb's for about 2 months and is riding a bone stock Kona Firemountain-
and she had a blast on trail 7, the only "green circle" trail on the hill.

Hopefully this year will see continued investments and improvements in the trail system, especially the addition of more intermediate and beginner terrain.

The mount is permitted for a new "intermediate jump trail" in the Exhibition woods.
I'm pretty stoked to see how that turns out. That section of mountain was originally cleared out in 1998 for the NCS track- and it was so rad- if you find a copy of the movie Transcontinental there is footage of Steve Peat and Pistol Pete gapping over other riders from boulder to boulder in practice in the 20ft wide loam and rock filled woods.

Turning that section of woods into something that 12 year old kids will have fun on is in no way bittersweet: Mt. Snow needs to build their rider numbers, and it will take an investment in intermediate terrain and boy howdy, there is plenty more wild wood and open slope on that mountain that could be pressed into service if a major DH track ever needed to get built again...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Over the last week the mountain has received 8+ inches of rain- the stuff on the rider's left of the mountain is mighty frikkin wet right now!
The surfaced stuff is plenty dry- hopefully the rain will let up a bit so they can do some more trail work!

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Rode there Friday and Sunday. Had a great time. Better then I thought it would be. Definitely going back.