Quantcast

2014 Specialized Demo 8

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
terrible colors of that Sweden inspired frame, lol!1

Specialized degraded so much that anything Taiwanese appeals me.

the same **** in and out. why nothing new?

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The only thing new is the Ohlins proprietary shock?
Will it still bend and break due to the frames yoke?

Well, not really impressed. Someone wrote about a change coming. Thought it would be bigger.

Last edited:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
The only thing new is the Ohlins proprietary shock?
Will it still bend and break due to the frames yoke?

Well, not really impressed. Someone wrote about a change coming. Thought it would be bigger.
As the WC Team does not run anything new as of now, it was clear that the demo plattform will not change for 2014.

And IMO there is nothing which has to be changed performance/riding wise!

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
what lead to yesterdays thread about spec '14 being deleted?

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
last time I looked the swedish flag was blue and yellow not blue anf fluro green
who cares? Inspiration doesnt mean exact copying ;)

Status looks better and better. What irony!

demo is temporary thing to check out and switch to something blingy Status! They failed with names even.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Shock could be awesome. Let's hope it isn't a Specialized exclusive that doesn't fit many frames (or any frame except the Demo).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
part of me is wondering if CC still has some sort of licensing agreement w/ ohlins because the double barrel platform was developed in conjunction with ohlins. it could possibly prevent ohlins from developing other aftermarket shocks

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Am I the only one who thinks the colorways look great? Tough crowd.

Still an awesome bike, even if it's a complete rubbish supercycle according to the internet these days.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Am I the only one who thinks the colorways look great? Tough crowd.

Still an awesome bike, even if it's a complete rubbish supercycle according to the internet these days.
Am I the only one who gets a kick out of a bunch of responses to a picture, stating:

[snooty accent with monacle] mmmyesss......just not impressed dear boy, not impressed at all. You'll have to try again people who build bikes to impress my non-impressible self with a better picture. Sorely not impressed. Perhaps more sparkles.[/snooty accent with monacle]

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
anyone know delivery dates for the 2014 monacle?
They're not even selling them individually yet. You can only get them in the tea set with the enhanced pinky finger white gloves.

Bullshlt if you ask me. Definitely not completely blown away impressed because I'm a discerning mountainbiker who only approves the most sparkly bike pictures. You're going to have to go the extra mile to impress this internet douchebag into also probably not buying something regardless of what it looks like.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Specialized's new DEMO 4(oz) teacup with saucer by Ohlins/Lipton. Carbon version coming soon. Features two [SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP][SUP]chainstays[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP] handles.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
the Swede will win all races so long the frame is painted with specific colors and right type of shock.

Last edited:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Swedes don't win anything.

Quality of life is so high, they're just not hungry for it.
haha, word! :)

Add that exaggerated political correctness to this and you get complete view of the Swedes. I dont think you have to guess why their hockey team is so good. It was the way to flee from their shouting girlfriends and wifes.

/0% Swede, 100% Immigrant

Back to thread.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Yep. How dare they spend the money/take the time to make springs in smaller increments that customers have been asking to purchase for years, that no shock or spring company has bothered to put forth. It literally blows my mind that somebody would be upset that they would try and come up with a shock they thought could improve their bike, and also come out with a product that people have been asking for to accompany it. What is there to get upset about - that they listened to you, and cane creek didn't? fox didn't? RS didn't? I don't get what there is to be mad about...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yep. How dare they spend the money/take the time to make springs in smaller increments that customers have been asking to purchase for years, that no shock or spring company has bothered to put forth. It literally blows my mind that somebody would be upset that they would try and come up with a shock they thought could improve their bike, and also come out with a product that people have been asking for to accompany it. What is there to get upset about - that they listened to you, and cane creek didn't? fox didn't? RS didn't? I don't get what there is to be mad about...
the fact that the majority of the springs arent anywhere near what they have printed is what makes it funny. and 26lb increments? why not 25? and other companies have tried to do small rate increments but no one is offering them anymore (K9 for one.)

and Spesh has come out with suspension products they thought will improve the bikes...the Brain (im sure this isnt anything like that crap though)

Last edited:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Sadly this has not been relevant since Sebastien Loeb started driving WRC. And the invasion of the French Sebastiens continue even when Loeb is semi-retired, now Ogier wins the races where Loeb is absent.
Seems that wine is less dangerous than vodka :D