Quantcast

2014 team rumour and speculation!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The Fairclough haters are laughable. For one, the dude destroys you on a bike, period. Two, if you ever watched that guy ride in person you'd be so flabbergasted at his speed and style you'd want to quit riding and contemplate how it's even possible he's beatable in a world cup setting. And three, he's a nice, personable guy that isn't boring in the spotlight and tells it like he thinks it is, who cares if you don't agree, you're probably not there racing.
One, I don't think anyone said they are faster then him. Two, he might be unbelievably fast in practice and even look fast in a clay porter slow-mo montage but his WC results don't reflect that speed. Three- he does seem like a laid back and cool cat but he complains too much on courses he doesn't think he'll do good on. Maybe he needs a life coach to help with his confidence... Or a better PR person

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
One, I don't think anyone said they are faster then him. Two, he might be unbelievably fast in practice and even look fast in a clay porter slow-mo montage but his WC results don't reflect that speed. Three- he does seem like a laid back and cool cat but he complains too much on courses he doesn't think he'll do good on. Maybe he needs a life coach to help with his confidence... Or a better PR person
I'm a certified life coach. I'll help him.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Meh, Fairclough is kind a like the Blue Falcon.... got this skills to pay the bills, lacks the snap to compete with weight lifting beasts. Skills alone don't win races. Brian Foster has a waaaaaay longer career as a rider, after he gave up trying to win every race that didn't suit his skillset. Who the **** remembers Eric Abdessa or John Purse or the other styless muscle heads... no one. BF is still getting checks from Fox and Fit in his forties, simply blasting tables and flowing creative lines, riding the way we wish we could.

Fairclough will get paid, regardless if he ever breaks top 10. I think he would do better, if he gave up on racing full time, and just hit the tracks he's good at + plus rampage + filming.
I WANT TO SEE BRENDOG SLAY RAMPAGE. Who gives a **** if you hurt your wrist, and can't race for 48th place in PMB.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
The Fairclough haters are laughable. For one, the dude destroys you on a bike, period. Two, if you ever watched that guy ride in person you'd be so flabbergasted at his speed and style you'd want to quit riding and contemplate how it's even possible he's beatable in a world cup setting. And three, he's a nice, personable guy that isn't boring in the spotlight and tells it like he thinks it is, who cares if you don't agree, you're probably not there racing.
No, what's truly laughable is you somehow thinking that a mediocre world cup downhill racer (SERIOUS BUSINESS GUYS) being able to "destroy" me on a bike would make me "want to quit riding." Perhaps you're the one who's soooooo "flabbergasted", hence why you're posting about that specifically? God, now that I think about it, you must be SOOOOO cool for having seen him ride in person. :rolleyes:

You're right about a couple things: I'm not there racing, and he definitely shouldn't care if I (or anybody else) agrees with him whining about World Cup race tracks, because he's racing against a clock.

For the record, I personally harbor no "hate" towards Brendan Fairclough. I don't know why some of you are taking mine and others' criticism so personally, as if you were Brendan himself. By all accounts, he's probably a nice kid who's pumped to ride/race/"have fun on his bike". I get that, and that's cool. On the flip-side, I'm willing to bet there are at least a handful of WC guys in the Top-20 who are total d!cks/pompous a**holes in-person. Truthfully, does that really matter at the end of the day and is anybody really that bothered by it? No, because this sport (WC DH racing, that is) is a put-up-or-shut-the-f**k-up sport.

You can disagree. I'm not offended.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
No, what's truly laughable is you somehow thinking that a mediocre world cup downhill racer (SERIOUS BUSINESS GUYS) being able to "destroy" me on a bike would make me "want to quit riding." Perhaps you're the one who's soooooo "flabbergasted", hence why you're posting about that specifically? God, now that I think about it, you must be SOOOOO cool for having seen him ride in person. :rolleyes:

You're right about a couple things: I'm not there racing, and he definitely shouldn't care if I (or anybody else) agrees with him whining about World Cup race tracks, because he's racing against a clock.

For the record, I personally harbor no "hate" towards Brendan Fairclough. I don't know why some of you are taking mine and others' criticism so personally, as if you were Brendan himself. By all accounts, he's probably a nice kid who's pumped to ride/race/"have fun on his bike". I get that, and that's cool. On the flip-side, I'm willing to bet there are at least a handful of WC guys in the Top-20 who are total d!cks/pompous a**holes in-person. Truthfully, does that really matter at the end of the day and is anybody really that bothered by it? No, because this sport (WC DH racing, that is) is a put-up-or-shut-the-f**k-up sport.

You can disagree. I'm not offended.
I dont believe you, I think you personally hate Brendon and the internet will judge you as such

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Brendan is amazing and has had some bad injuries over the years, I personally think he should take fitness a bit more seriously and he would be right up there. He admitted he got smoked by Matt Simmonds in the fitness test for the world champs team.

I think with the style he has, if he was to have a crazy off season and really work on his fitness/health and go crazy in the gym like Gee he will have an even stronger season than this one just gone.

Maybe a new team with a pure race bread bike ah al Santa Cruz V-10 would be good.

If I win enough on the lotto soon he will be on my would cup race team thats for sure.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
1. any current WC racers who will loose their ride next year or change teams?
2. any has been/ex WC racer who will get a ride next year?

Last edited: