Quantcast

2015 Intense Tracer 275 Alloy Pro fork replacement

The Solo Air used a Shimano SM-MA-F203P/P adaptor. It's clearly not the correct one for the 2020 Lyrik Ultimate FS-LYRK-ULT-C3, caliper winds up a few mm towards the rim of the disk.

I think I recall that the wrench who set up the bike originally did some fiddle-fucking around - It worked, but I'm not sure it was properly installed. I may wind up wandering into my LBS for some assistance.

Brakes are Shimano XT, 203mm rotors, ca. 2013.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The Solo Air used a Shimano SM-MA-F203P/P adaptor. It's clearly not the correct one for the 2020 Lyrik Ultimate FS-LYRK-ULT-C3, caliper winds up a few mm towards the rim of the disk.

I think I recall that the wrench who set up the bike originally did some fiddle-fucking around - It worked, but I'm not sure it was properly installed. I may wind up wandering into my LBS for some assistance.

My 2014 Pike is 160mm PM, so I used 20mm PM adapters for the 180 rotors.

I think the Lyrik is 180mm PM, you might not need the adapter if that's a 180mm rotor?

edit: Reading is hard, you've got 203mm rotors. Take a picture as I'm not visualizing your caliper misalignment. But I'm guessing if your old adapter was for 160PM forks and the new fork is 180mm PM, you've pushed the caliper too far outboard.

SHIMANO F203P/PM DISC BRAKE ADAPTOR might be what you need.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Is the caliper too close, or too far? If too close, just shim it.