Quantcast

2015 NFL thread so speak up already!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It should be interesting to watch Crippled Ben vs Crippled Peyton. Cripes, how well can you throw with torn tendons in your throwing shoulder? :dead: Roethlisberger is tough, no doubt.
That game is going to be ugly.

KC
AZ
SEA (homer alert)
DEN

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Let's laugh at the 49ers for a minute: Reports indicate they are deciding between Mike Shanahan and Chip Kelly for their next head coach. hahahahahahalololol lmfao! LOL...the 49ers.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
aaaaaand the 49ers have announced the Chip Kelly hiring. Head scratcher. I looked at the 49ers facebook page and fans are not thrilled.

Edit: We need Eric's in-depth analysis.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
aaaaaand the 49ers have announced the Chip Kelly hiring. Head scratcher. I looked at the 49ers facebook page and fans are not thrilled.

Edit: We need Eric's in-depth analysis.

San Francisco 7 and Niners. Ammirite?

At least with Frisco, Kelley doesn't have any real talent to squander.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
For the Stillers it is going to be a tea party compared to last week.
I don't agree with that. Sure, the Denver offense isn't actually any good, but they've still got one of the best Ds in the league. Roethlesrapey probably can't throw more than 6 yards. Antonio Brown is out. DeAngelo Williams is probably out. Their offense is going to be a disaster.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This morning on NPR I heard that some crafty badgers at the NFL stitched together original film from SB1, literally one play at a time, and synched it to the original audio broadcast on the radio, and will be presenting Super Bowl 1 Packers vs Chiefs tonight on NFL network.

Apparently NBC & CBS didn't think the game was a big deal and didn't preserve their broadcasts. This is the first time the game will be seen since it was played in '67.

Coolness.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't agree with that. Sure, the Denver offense isn't actually any good, but they've still got one of the best Ds in the league. Roethlesrapey probably can't throw more than 6 yards. Antonio Brown is out. DeAngelo Williams is probably out. Their offense is going to be a disaster.
I was more referring to the likelihood of getting shanked while on the field.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This morning on NPR I heard that some crafty badgers at the NFL stitched together original film from SB1, literally one play at a time, and synched it to the original audio broadcast on the radio, and will be presenting Super Bowl 1 Packers vs Chiefs tonight on NFL network.

Apparently NBC & CBS didn't think the game was a big deal and didn't preserve their broadcasts. This is the first time the game will be seen since it was played in '67.

Coolness.
My dad was on the sideline for SB2, he is bummed there is little to no footage.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Brown is officially out. Stillers are fucked.

I wonder if Cincinnati is still claiming he faked the concussion?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I'm just happy the packers lost. I will enjoy the super bowl regardless of if its the pats, cardinals, panthers or steelers who win it.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I catch a lot of flack for being a die-hard AZ fan, and I enjoy trash talking with the players at the tables. I don't know if they have enough to get past the Panthers, though as we saw this weekend, the team that makes the least mistakes got to the next round. 2 Heisman qb's going at it, Panthers 8-0 at home, Cards 7-1 on the road, strong defenses going against strong offenses.

I'm hoping it comes down to 2 seconds left and the kicker decides, regardless of who that kicker is..........

(GO, CARDS!!!!!!!)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn, surprised to see the bronco's win that one. I didn't think Peyton's arm had it in him.
From what I watched he did a whole lot of handing off.

Game was much closer than I thought. Looks like Pittsburgh's defense was tired out by the end of the game.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
From what I watched he did a whole lot of handing off.

Game was much closer than I thought. Looks like Pittsburgh's defense was tired out by the end of the game.
yeah he didn't throw much, but those times he did his receivers didn't catch much.

Pittsburgh defense appeared exhausted towards the end of the game, they were literally running right through them.

That fumble by Toussaint was a killer (obviously) for the steelers. It seems like every year a team gets knocked out of the playoffs because of something stupid like that. It's the playoffs, it's late in the game, you're the 8th string running back. You got one job man, don't drop the damn ball.

Not even sure if I care who wins any of these games moving forward, I can get on board with them all.

oops, I mean, go lions ! oh...wait.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah he didn't throw much, but those times he did his receivers didn't catch much.

Pittsburgh defense appeared exhausted towards the end of the game, they were literally running right through them.

That fumble by Toussaint was a killer (obviously) for the steelers. It seems like every year a team gets knocked out of the playoffs because of something stupid like that. It's the playoffs, it's late in the game, you're the 8th string running back. You got one job man, don't drop the damn ball.

Not even sure if I care who wins any of these games moving forward, I can get on board with them all.

oops, I mean, go lions ! oh...wait.
I think that fumble was less of a screw up by Toussaint but a great play by the defense. You can watch him cover up the ball with both hands before it got punched out. Not really sure what you are supposed to do to prevent that.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I think that fumble was less of a screw up by Toussaint but a great play by the defense. You can watch him cover up the ball with both hands before it got punched out. Not really sure what you are supposed to do to prevent that.
I was speaking more in general of how something rather fundamental like that happens every year.

I would agree, Denver's defense has been doing something along those lines all season to keep their team in the game. Peyton and the offensive have struggled, but the defense has been game changers all season.

I wonder if they can get past the pats?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I overheard a guy say that he hopes the Patriots win. He doesn't like them, he just was hoping Tom Brady might retire.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND!
New England at Denver
Arizona at Carolina

My picks (I'll even add scores even though that doesn't matter):
New England 34, Denver 13
Carolina 27, Arizona 24