Quantcast

2015 NFL thread so speak up already!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Please don't let the Pats make it to another Superbowl...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
But imagine the hilarity of responses that will come from hateful angry racist pats fans if they lose to Carolina? A Puerto Rican coach and a black quarterback? Heads will explode.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I like how Pat's fans are already whining about the refs in this weeks game. Most annoying fan base ever.
While I agree with that sentiment (locally we call them the "Pittsburgh Patriots" to capture both obnoxious fan bases in one term), its sounds like Denver was preemptively working refs with public statements about Brady always whining to the refs and Gronk getting open because he pushes off - which the last time I looked, is what every successful QB and receiver does in the NFL.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
While I agree with that sentiment (locally we call the the "Pittsburgh Patriots" to capture both obnoxious fan bases in one term), its sounds like Denver was preemptively working refs with public statements about Brady always whining to the refs and Gronk getting open because he pushes off - which the last time I looked, is what every successful QB and receiver does in the NFL.
Yeah both those teams can fuck right off.

I am actually rooting for the Panthers at this point, mostly because Cam is awesome, but I'll be pulling for whichever NFC team makes it through to the SB regardless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah both those teams can fuck right off.

I am actually rooting for the Panthers at this point, mostly because Cam is awesome, but I'll be pulling for whichever NFC team makes it through to the SB regardless.

Cam is a stud, and I like the way he pisses off people who like their quarterbacks to be really boring...

and white.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, anyone claiming that the pearl clutching regarding Cam actually looking like he's having fun isn't racially motivated is either a moron or just lying. JJ Watt (for example, he's not the only one) is just as fired up most of the time, but he's white so he's just passionate. You'd think Cam took a shit at midfield from some of the stupid takes claiming he's disrespectful and a bad influence. Coincidence that he's black? Not a fucking chance.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, anyone claiming that the pearl clutching regarding Cam actually looking like he's having fun isn't racially motivated is either a moron or just lying. JJ Watt (for example, he's not the only one) is just as fired up most of the time, but he's white so he's just passionate. You'd think Cam took a shit at midfield from some of the stupid takes claiming he's disrespectful and a bad influence. Coincidence that he's black? Not a fucking chance.
The week when Carolina was the last undefeated team there was a bunch of shit flying around about how shameful Cam was for dancing after touchdowns. Meanwhile the same week Brady did his awkward touchdown fist pump and Phillip Rivers Grabbed his crotch and mouthed to fans "suck my dick". The outrage machine was awfully quiet in response to those two.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
there's a difference between being fired up and doing some stupid superman/dance moves shit. i don't care if you're white or black, it's lame as hell either way. the worst was when cam would do that crap when the panthers were down 27-7 or something. not to say he hasn't been great or done good things for the community; i just have no time for the other stuff.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Dudes celebrate all the time when they get a 1st down on their own 32 yard line and their respective team is getting destroyed. Sure it seems silly in that situation, but meh...Cam's histrionics always comes across to me as him having fun, and not derogatory towards a specific opposing player.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
there's a difference between being fired up and doing some stupid superman/dance moves shit. i don't care if you're white or black, it's lame as hell either way. the worst was when cam would do that crap when the panthers were down 27-7 or something. not to say he hasn't been great or done good things for the community; i just have no time for the other stuff.

It is not for me. My favorite TD celebration was LT handing the ball the refs when he scored. I have caught a lot of shit from my racing days when I was pictured on top of the podium with arms crossed and a scowl on my face. That was just me, but I had no problem with the dudes who hauled their whole family up there and acted like they won the fucking lottery. I don't care how much money is involved, it is a game, a performance, do whatever it takes to get it done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
While I agree with that sentiment (locally we call them the "Pittsburgh Patriots" to capture both obnoxious fan bases in one term), its sounds like Denver was preemptively working refs with public statements about Brady always whining to the refs and Gronk getting open because he pushes off - which the last time I looked, is what every successful QB and receiver does in the NFL.
Pats fans seem to simultaneously boast that they are in the midst of a great dynasty and whine that they get no breaks and have nothing but bad luck. It is like they are simultaneously Yankee and Cub fans.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It is not for me. My favorite TD celebration was LT handing the ball the refs when he scored. I have caught a lot of shit from my racing days when I was pictured on top of the podium with arms crossed and a scowl on my face. That was just me, but I had no problem with the dudes who hauled their whole family up there and acted like they won the fucking lottery. I don't care how much money is involved, it is a game, a performance, do whatever it takes to get it done.
And Barry Sanders before him. But I like that Cam Newton pisses people off. The problem is those fans, not Cam Newton. Those are probably the same asshole fans that got mad at the Jose Bautista playoff bat flip that was actually the greatest thing ever.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
And Barry Sanders before him. But I like that Cam Newton pisses people off. The problem is those fans, not Cam Newton. Those are probably the same asshole fans that got mad at the Jose Bautista playoff bat flip that was actually the greatest thing ever.
are we including the players on the opposing teams in the vast group of racist assholes who do not like the celebration shenanigans of cam newton and jose bautista?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
God forbid anything interesting happen in a baseball game.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Picked up a friend from the airport today. His neighbor was clearing his driveway for him when I dropped him off. We talked a bit of football. He said he didn't wan Carolina to win because Newton acted too much like a (insert very racist word here)

Looks like Palmer is still a Bengal at heart.