Quantcast

2015 NFL thread so speak up already!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I guess since Spiller seems to be out the door at Buffalo, they needed an almost old man to compliment old man Jackson? Plus, the Eagles won't need any running back help once they trade up for Mariota and send Foles packing. Might even change the name to the Philadelphia (Fucking) Ducks.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why the fuck did the Packers let AJ Hawk go?
Hawk was actually a pretty mediocre linebacker, who was slated to make too much money for his performance level.

I might be more excited to watch something like that over watching the Bills this coming season. It's gonna be a fuggin disaster.
I don't think it's a bad trade. Bills were a top-3 defense last year without Kiko, who would probably be fighting for playing time with the other linebackers this season who all proved themselves pretty good last year.

Kiko one good season - mostly the first half of the season - coming off his second season-ending knee surgery, with sources saying he wanted out of Buffalo. On the other side of that, you have a young quarterback and a run game whose 34-year old leading rusher barely broke 500 yards.

I don't like the cap hit from McCoy and it's iffy to trade a young, cheap pro-bowler for an expensive, veteran pro-bowler... but overall, it's possible that both teams might have won here. Eagles get a young, talented player and a bunch more salary cap. Bills get one of the best RBs in the league in return for a player with some question marks at a position where they could afford to take a hit.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Hawk was actually a pretty mediocre linebacker, who was slated to make too much money for his performance level.

I don't think it's a bad trade. Bills were a top-3 defense last year without Kiko, who would probably be fighting for playing time with the other linebackers this season who all proved themselves pretty good last year.

Kiko one good season - mostly the first half of the season - coming off his second season-ending knee surgery, with sources saying he wanted out of Buffalo. On the other side of that, you have a young quarterback and a run game whose 34-year old leading rusher barely broke 500 yards.

I don't like the cap hit from McCoy and it's iffy to trade a young, cheap pro-bowler for an expensive, veteran pro-bowler... but overall, it's possible that both teams might have won here. Eagles get a young, talented player and a bunch more salary cap. Bills get one of the best RBs in the league in return for a player with some question marks at a position where they could afford to take a hit.
^^^^^I agree with all of that.^^^^^

I just wish we were looking to secure a slightly younger RB. Everyone knows that Jackson won't last the entire season without some sort of injury. I feel like we just got a slightly older RB to eventually replace our older RB.

My predictions on the Bills upcoming season rely mainly on the fact that we have a new coach that went 4-12 last season and was only 46-50 over the past six seasons. Plus, we have another under-producing QB (which we're pretty much used to by now). The only thing that might save this season is if we somehow pick up a decent free agent QB like Foles or Hoyer or possibly trade away some other mediocre player for a decent draft pick.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I just wish we were looking to secure a slightly younger RB. Everyone knows that Jackson won't last the entire season without some sort of injury. I feel like we just got a slightly older RB to eventually replace our older RB.
They've got Bryce Brown who is 23 and showed some promise with the Eagles. Ironic that Brown jumped divisions only to again be sitting behind McCoy.

As for the rest... I enjoy football too much to go all Eeyore about a season that hasn't happened yet.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The more I thought about the trade, I think you may be right BV that it can end up being a "win-win" scenario. While Shady didn't have a great season last year, he has been incredibly durable throughout his career (and he's younger than I originally thought), which is more than what we can say about Spiller. Also agree with Icey that the best hope for the Bills is to pick up a sleeper QB in the draft and/or grab a serviceable free agent (maybe Sanchez? :thumb:). Bummed my boy TJ Graham is no longer there, but it seems like Mario will be there for the long run (for better or worse), so I'll be pulling for you guys to *finally* supplant the Pats in the division.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
As for the rest... I enjoy football too much to go all Eeyore about a season that hasn't happened yet.
We're Bills fans, it's what we always do...

1. Bitch about off season moves/trades
2. Get all hyped up during pre-season
3. Say the infamous phrase "This could be our year"
4. Season starts up and the bitching about our team begins again

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yep, was reading that about an hour ago. I'm good with it - needed a veteran, and I'd rather it be Cassel than Sanchez. I'm guessing if EJ shows anything during training camp, he'll be the starter.

I was half hoping they'd make a play for @I Are Baboon's boy Bradford, but I just don't think it's healthy to take that contract on with him being such an injury risk.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yep, was reading that about an hour ago. I'm good with it - needed a veteran, and I'd rather it be Cassel than Sanchez. I'm guessing if EJ shows anything during training camp, he'll be the starter.

I was half hoping they'd make a play for @I Are Baboon's boy Bradford, but I just don't think it's healthy to take that contract on with him being such an injury risk.
True story: I own a Sam Bradford jersey. :twitch: IT WAS A GIFT.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The offseason is already nuts.

McCoy to Bills. Julius Thomas to Jaguars. Suh to Dolphins. Frank Gore & Byron Maxwell to Eagles.

Free agency hasn't even started yet.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
49ers fire Harbaugh, lose Gore, expecting to lose Iupati and Crabtree, Patrick Willis is retiring (edit: and now NBC is reporting that Justin Smith will retire), and there are persistent rumors that they're entertaining offers for Kaepernick.

WTF @eric strt6

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
49ers fire Harbaugh, lose Gore, expecting to lose Iupati and Crabtree, Patrick Willis is retiring (edit: and now NBC is reporting that Justin Smith will retire), and there are persistent rumors that they're entertaining offers for Kaepernick.

WTF @eric strt6

Sounds like someone's ego wants to start fresh so they can take sole credit. Worked for Jerry Jones, he does have three playoff wins in 19 years.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
WTF are the Browns going to do for a QB? Riding Johnny Football for the #1 pick in 2016?
Don't worry, they picked up Josh McCown. You know, the guy who played quarterback last year for the team that has the #1 pick this year.