Quantcast

2015 NFL thread so speak up already!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Personally, I was hoping the Cowboys wouldn't tag Dez so he could somehow end up in Cleveland, thus creating an epic alcohol fueled dumpster fire with Gordan, Dez, and Johnny in Cleveland, where the water occasionally catches on fire...

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
We're Bills fans, it's what we always do...

1. Bitch about off season moves/trades
2. Get all hyped up during pre-season
3. Say the infamous phrase "This could be our year"
4. Season starts up and the bitching about our team begins again
Sounds like the Philly strategy as well. Been a fan of the eagles for at least 30 years and they have yet to bring home the bacon.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hoyer is headed to the Texans and Sanchez is re-signing with the Eagles.

Sounds like the Rams are looking at Foles...
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/574979414322098177
Hmmm. Rams have the #10 pick. If Mariota falls that far, I can see the Eagles trying to trade up. But if Mariota is available at 10 (he won't be), I'd like to see the Rams draft him. If they take Foles over Mariota, I'd expect a couple of high draft picks going to St Louis in that deal as well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
hell if I know. I didn't watch a single football game last year. Had free tickets for the niners and passed on them.
Chris Culliver suggested to be going to the Jets, fullback Bruce Miller arrested for domestic violence, and now Navarro Bowman is rumored that his knee injury could be career ending.

Seriously, the 9ers might need an entirely new rostor next year.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This offseason is insane.

Rams traded Bradford + undisclosed draft picks to the Eagles for Nick Foles @I Are Baboon
Saints just sent Jimmy Graham + 4th rounder to Seattle for Max Unger + 1st rounder.
Ngata is now a Lion.
Owen Daniels is a Bronco.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Wow, does anybody have any idea what the hell the Eagles are doing? Foles was arguably the best QB in the league 2 years ago, and has certainly proven to be more than competent in Kelly's magic "system". Bradford has always seemed average at best in St. Louis during those rare stretches in which he wasn't injured. Gore can obviously still be effective, but he's starting to get a little long in the tooth, and the guy they got rid of (Shady) has been super durable and I have to think he too can still be really effective. Maclin is also gone, so is Riley Cooper their number 1 receiver now? yeesh...I'd almost consider taking odds on OSU over the Eagles right now...

And the Sea Chickens are going to be a load next year (again) since they're keeping Lynch and they signed Graham, although I still think they'd like to have a legit deep threat/jump up and grab it type of receiver.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wow, does anybody have any idea what the hell the Eagles are doing? Foles was arguably the best QB in the league 2 years ago, and has certainly proven to be more than competent in Kelly's magic "system". Bradford has always seemed average at best in St. Louis during those rare stretches in which he wasn't injured.
ESPN talking heads are saying the Eagles are trying to get in position to trade up for Mariota. They don't think Sam Bradford will be an Eagle for too long. Rams are supposedly sending draft picks to Philly with Bradford but no details on that yet.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
ESPN talking heads are saying the Eagles are trying to get in position to trade up for Mariota. They don't think Sam Bradford will be an Eagle for too long. Rams are supposedly sending draft picks to Philly with Bradford but no details on that yet.
I think that all these trades the Eagles have done are fine and dandy, but I'm not a fan of trading away Foles. He wasn't that well paid and if they cant get Mariota we are SCREWED!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I AM HAPPY ABOUT THIS! Rams got a quarterback!

Jimmy Graham to Seattle....that's nuts. Christ, put Seattle back in the Super Bowl.
you can hope foles shoulder stays in place....i'll hope bradford doesn't tear a acl tying his shoes.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah Willson is pretty solid, but man, we haven't had as dangerous as Graham in... a long time.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I saw the Cardinals signed a 9er OL man, and I like that, as I've felt they need a stronger line to help whoever is at QB, or RB, or WR, or TE.......

If Palmer is healthy, or Stanton, or a draft pick......

Or I could still be dreaming about last season and being 9-1, until that dreadful Panther attack.........

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
congrats to locker...worilds....willis for retiring young/healthy/mentally sound.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Sounds like it, which if you're looking to replace a player like Shady, Murray seems like a nice way to do it. Certainly proved he's a durable RB, and maybe they can reduce his work load a bit by bringing in Ryan Matthews (well, before he inevitably gets injured). It also sounds like the Eagles got some draft picks in the Bradford - Foles trade, which actually improve if (when) Bradford gets hurt. Hopefully the dirty Sanchez will be ready to sling it once Sam takes the golf cart to the locker room.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Perhaps, but the guy has missed a grand total of 8 games in 4 years (sprained foot and a sprained MCL). Plus, any RB who makes through it through 18 games with as many carries as he had last year is a tough hombre in my book. If anything, I'd be concerned he's going to suddenly fall apart like the Blues Bros car at some point in the not too distant future.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Perhaps, but the guy has missed a grand total of 8 games in 4 years (sprained foot and a sprained MCL).
He's played 53 out of 64 total regular season games, and even that is overstating healthy snaps since he was obviously going out early on the games where he got injured (e.g. getting 5 carries).

Even if you look at games, though, that means he's missing about 17% of his games. LeSean McCoy has missed 6% of his games. AP @ 7%. Lynch @ 6%. Gore @ 7%. Forte @ 4%. Jamaal Charles was unlucky enough to get injured at the beginning of a season, missing 14 games that year, and still averages more healthy games per year than Murray.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Huh, good info. Certainly by the standards you cited, I stand corrected. 2014 very well could've been an anomaly. Works for me, as I am looking forward to a cornucopia of stevew "fucking Eagles" comments in 2015.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He's played 53 out of 64 total regular season games, and even that is overstating healthy snaps since he was obviously going out early on the games where he got injured (e.g. getting 5 carries).

Even if you look at games, though, that means he's missing about 17% of his games. LeSean McCoy has missed 6% of his games. AP @ 7%. Lynch @ 6%. Gore @ 7%. Forte @ 4%. Jamaal Charles was unlucky enough to get injured at the beginning of a season, missing 14 games that year, and still averages more healthy games per year than Murray.

Historically speaking running backs fall apart after a certain number of carries. He was given the ball a shit-ton this last season (393) times. Just browsing the numbers that is well over 100 more carries than the vast majority of starting backs. Shady McCoy was the only other back with 300+ carries (312). Seems to me that the Cowboys used him up good and let him go.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
I think there may a lot of truth in that, but I actually looked at the carries the other running backs BV mentioned over the past 4 years and I think they all have more carries over that time span than Murray, and some by a significant margin. Basically it proved to me BV was right in that there's several examples of guys taking a similar amount of pounding (or more) and still playing more games than Murray has overall. But no doubt he 2014 campaign was exceptional, if possibly career shortening.