Quantcast

2015 NFL thread so speak up already!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's funny that you pay more attention to the eagles than i do.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Tom Brady suspension is cute and all, but I think people are underestimating how big the two draft pick penalty to the team is. That is HUGE. Teams are built through the draft and the Patriots basically just had two players taken away from them. A first rounder? Ouch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The Tom Brady suspension is cute and all, but I think people are underestimating how big the two draft pick penalty to the team is. That is HUGE. Teams are built through the draft and the Patriots basically just had two players taken away from them. A first rounder? Ouch.
....tom brady was a sixth round draft pick.....

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I still can't figure out why the NFL doesn't just provide the game ball. This whole thing is pretty stupid.

That said, clearly the rules were broken, and the pats bend the rules, push them to the limits, etc every chance they can, so the penalty should be harsh.

Go lions #losingforever:( #nevergonnawinaring #superwhat? #playoffs? #lions

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I still can't figure out why the NFL doesn't just provide the game ball. This whole thing is pretty stupid.

That said, clearly the rules were broken, and the pats bend the rules, push them to the limits, etc every chance they can, so the penalty should be harsh.

Go lions #losingforever:( #nevergonnawinaring #superwhat? #playoffs? #lions
Home teams used to provide the balls, Tom Brady and the Patriots lobbied to have each team provide the balls they used on offense>

:monkeydance::banana:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Home teams used to provide the balls, Tom Brady and the Patriots lobbied to have each team provide the balls they used on offense>

:monkeydance::banana:
I believe peyton was a big part of that lobbying also.

I don't really care what the origination of the lobbying was, it's a stupid rule and simply put the league should provide one game ball, just like they do in basketball, hockey, etc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't think this is going to help Boston sports fans from relentless whining despite getting yet another championship.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I F'n hope not! If so I will now become a Lions fan! The good thing is they are putting a lot of money into Alameda for their training facility. Only time will tell. So are the 9er's going to win more than 6 games this year?