Quantcast

2015 Racing Rumours - MTB Musical Chairs

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
What's the actual implication of not being an official trade team?

Can they still race?
from Sessler:
For us not to be an elite team is unfortunate and I like to look at the positive side. We will pay more for tech space, but that money we pay will go directly to the race promoter and help them, rather than getting the 80m2 space for free that we get by being a trade team. We won't be in a premiere location for tech space, but Devinci and Giant will be in the same boat as us, as far as I understand. So fans will have to seek us out! However I think Ratboy will be easy to find!

We obviously won't get points towards a team overall, but downhill is an individual sport anyway, so I'm not bothered by this. That, and we don't have a girl on the Syndicate, so we would have a tough time earning points to be the top trade team. We will have to have the riders' federations enter them rather than being able to use the nice online entry system that UCI has for trade teams. This is what we did before trade team status so we just go back to the old ways. We will miss the rainbow passes that help get us access to crucial work areas where we need to be.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Weird that they already overthrow a 1(?) year old carbon frame design instead of just slapping a 650b-compatible rear triangle on it.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Having watched/filmed someone jump that gap I must say the pic doesn't do it justice...so big
When something looks huge in a picture or on video, you know that it's absolutely fucking mind bogglingly anus puckeringly ginormous in person.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Just saw that post on vitalmtb from spomer

i just woke up to this email so if details have been posted elsewhere, please add links/info, but Sven sent the following
Finn Iles out
Taylor Vernon out.
Steve Smith out. (broken again possibly)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
He probably thought "ohhh, I want to be no. 1"
Well the last season he raced, we was exactly that.

What are we going to do without cheesy redbull footage at the end of the season with steve smith and rat face standing 5 inches apart staring each other down? Gee actually took that shit seriously and so it was horrible.

I want to see steve smith and ratty just crack up and give that hype the response it deserves.

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
I want to see steve smith and ratty just crack up and give that hype the response it deserves.
Top 20 riders are excellent, anyone of them could win.

I think Ratty has advantage over Steve that he seem not care what place he gets. Having fun all time and wake up in morning, thinking "holy shit, im world champion!". Steve is opposite to that. He doesn't lack technical skills for sure but he needs to find a own Jesus if he has to keep up the hype surrounding him

Gwin is in different class regarding self confidence despite reference to his God and faith.

Competition is good no matter what. MOAR injuries, blood, broken teeth and it couldnt be more sweet than that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think Ratty has advantage over Steve that he seem not care what place he gets. Having fun all time and wake up in morning, thinking "holy shit, im world champion!". Steve is opposite to that. He doesn't lack technical skills for sure but he needs to find a own Jesus if he has to keep up the hype surrounding him
How old are you?!?! If you actually believe that then I feel sad for you.

Oh. and what JeremyR said.