Quantcast

2015 Racing Rumours - MTB Musical Chairs

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Who are switching bikes next year?

* Is the Masters brothers negotiation with evil bikes on going, for next year domination?
WC team will be called: Masters of Evil spirit of enduro Vengeance! ...too long.

* How about, Gwin on intense? for all american bike and racer? He has no tats though.
Last WC win of intense was Brazil, Matti on M6.

*Yeti with new infinity DH bike, graves and rude back at WC circuit with enduro on the side?, still no budget?.

*Is Claudio C. switching bikes next year for his team? (intense, evil)
Brendan to keep his job?

* any news for spez and ohlins for WC?

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I assume you're referring to the carbon frames, as I think the 951s are still aluminum and made is 'murrika. Also looks like they dropped the M9 for 2015, so maybe they have something plastique in the works.

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
couldnt the TLD/Sram guys race on Intense bikes if they wanted to? Maybe Neko will be on an Intense bike while on the TLD/Sram team.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I can't imagine Trek will let Neko walk...how would they take on if he does? Who's left? Maybe fairclog can pair up with bulldog to really nail down 8-15th?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Can't argue too much about Brensteeze, but bulldog is a legit podium threat almost anywhere now that he seems to have recovered from his earlier injuries. Still kind of a wreckers or checkers type racer imo, but the guy can get work done on rough and wild tracks. Plus, he has a beard.

Maybe twr could get someone like simmonds, as I think they already have williamson. #moarlimeypinners

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
some recent article on PB

This complete 951 Evo from Intense was fully decked out with the latest DVO suspension, SRAM XO1DH, Shimano Zee brakes and a Spank finishing kit. The Evo version benefits from 27.5" wheels, integrated fork bump stops and a 1/4" longer top tube than the older version and the M9. With rumours of a Top 5 World Cup DH rider joining a newly formed Intense Factory DH team, could this be the new team race machine?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
but bulldog is a legit podium threat almost anywhere now that he seems to have recovered from his earlier injuries. Still kind of a wreckers or checkers type racer imo, but the guy can get work done on rough and wild tracks. Plus, he has a beard.
Totally he only got better over the season and was really getting into his groove after a slow start. He had some out of control issues but just look at Rat he had his share of crashes before he really started nailing it. Plus Brook is really fun to watch racing with a great personality it seems just what good for a sponsor.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Warner talked about this during the World Champs commentary so yeah, think Carter is leaving Specialized.
bit surprised by this honestly. i figured EC would give it a least 2 years - seemed like a good fit with the whole team from an internet POV. he's got young kids though so all the traveling probably isn't as awesome as it seems.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
^^
Interestingly, RJ and the freedom raptor have similar dentition. With that in mind, perhaps Spesh (or Intense) needs to make a vid of RJ racing a freedom raptor in the spirit of brinkmenship...Altho, I suppose Gee can just flash his colours.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
It would be rad for Campy to come back to mountain bikes, though it would probably be with some stupidity like carbon chains and shifting controlled by your team manager's iphone.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Don't know about jr. results, but peat has 17 WC wins, 3 overall titles and 1 world champs. I think Minnaar has 16 WC wins, 3 world champs, and I think at least 1 overall (again, not sure about jrs career).

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Let's see TOP 5, Who are the top 5 WC racers? who will go to intense

1. RAT - most likely not, stays with SC syndicate,
* need to do further huck to flat testing of the upcoming model, VP free carbon.

2. Gwin - most likely,
* American
* EC is leaving check,
* Jeff Steber can weld as many chain stay lengths for Gwin to experiment on.

3. Troy - most likely not, stayz with specialized
* need to podium upcoming 2016 demo with the left hand seat mast, to check which side of seat
mast is faster.

4. Hill - most likely
negotiates for a raise with CRC
* connections with Palmer, (Have anyone checked Sam's duffel bags at Hafjell, golden jacket
inside?).
* intense rider as a junior.

5. Gee - most likely not. stays with GT.
* Athertons Bike History: muddy fox, giant, commencal, gt ----> intense? sounds not right.
* Muddy fox was a rebadge intense.

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Don't know about jr. results, but peat has 17 WC wins, 3 overall titles and 1 world champs. I think Minnaar has 16 WC wins, 3 world champs, and I think at least 1 overall (again, not sure about jrs career).
So if Hill Rides the same as this year, it could be tight, eh. :thumb:
That would be phenomenal!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I can't imagine Trek will let Neko walk...how would they take on if he does? Who's left? Maybe fairclog can pair up with bulldog to really nail down 8-15th?
Really???? After the Gwin hostile takeover you can't image Neko would leave? And I don't think it's about Trek letting him walk, every WC team has a budget that includes riders salaries. With Neko being on the upswing and his contract ending with Trek, they might not be able to pay Neko market value and keep under their budget, especially with a couple other top 10-20 riders on the team. A newish team (Sram/TLD) or a brand new team (Intense Chinamerica) will need to make a splash with a top rider and will likely have the cash to pay them.