rambo = ?

heart = Danny Hart

yeah boy = ?

no chain = Neko

kiwi = Blenki

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Blenki and Bruni are rumoured to be parting ways, whether they're both leaving Lapierre, or just one is I have no idea.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Am I insane to think that Hill could go to Intense? If you think about it, he and Palmer have a bit of a bromance. I think he started his career on an intense and Intense and Palm are tied in pretty tight with TLD. I'm not sure it's in Intense's budget or if they're intending on fielding a WC team but I'm calling it as a wild card shot.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
no way Sam is leaving CRC. especially with the success he's had this season. Jacy went through the trouble of following him there this season, and him and Nigel Page get along great. Sam isn't going anywhere. Not directing this toward you specifically Peg, have seen people elsewhere make that prediction too but I am just not seeing it.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
After this season, CRC will do everything to keep him. That's for sure. They have the funds and the black british humor to keep him entertained, right? I think Hill won't change anything before the 2015 season, as he clearly will hunt the overall aswell as the Worldchamps. The tracks next year suit him too much.

What's up with Brendog next year? Is his contract up?

Would be cool to see a wild and equally fast guy like Blenki along Brendog on the Gambler. He will clearly leave Lapierre, because he doesn't want to ride this new abandonment of new bike ;-)

Sunn? YT? KTM???

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Neko to Sram/TLD?? I know Neko spent a good amount of time in NC with the Shaw Bros in the off season. Maybe Sram/TLD is going to make a team comprised of East Coast riders and call it East Coast ROX World Cup Domination Squad!!!

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
How about Sam hill on CRC/Intense Team blue M9.
I think not, CRC have to sell batches of the nuke proof pulse anodized gold bikes they made in aticipation of Sam's win, (joke)

Speaking, where is the other SH (Sean Heimdal) (Team manager spez monster energy)
anyone knows what he is up to, Will he return to the scene?

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Neko to Sram/TLD?? I know Neko spent a good amount of time in NC with the Shaw Bros in the off season. Maybe Sram/TLD is going to make a team comprised of East Coast riders and call it East Coast ROX World Cup Domination Squad!!!
Neko lives in Brevard and is going to help coach the Brevard college team. Also, Herndon is his coach and lives there as well. So, it would be a good fit for him for sure. That said, it would be a massively ballsy move for Specialized to take another top rider from Trek. If his results go backward for any reason at all, imagine the finger pointing at the Demo 8 from the mouthbreathers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i seem to recall hearing that Neko moved to NC for better riding in the off season, so it may be totally unrelated.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
i seem to recall hearing that Neko moved to NC for better riding in the off season, so it may be totally unrelated.
Yes, that was the motivator, but I know he spent a good amount of time riding with the Shaw Bros. Maybe Sram/TLD saw an opportunity to have a few riders that are already friends, live close to each other, and already ride/train together.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
it was mentioned, in the Palmer article at Pink bike Intense owner Jeff Steber wants a world cup win on his intense bikes (M9).

intense world cup team, next year but who?: Kovarik? Lopes? Palmer as manager hehehe, awesome.
will wait next year.

CRC/Intense is more feasible with Sam Hill. as CRC is also a dealer of intense bikes. (hoping).

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
The kangaroo is Brosnan. And I think his contract with specialized is for a few more years.

Which leads me to guess he'll be riding with SRAM/TLD next year (not rockshox though). I posted that on vital but my comment got deleted pretty quick so I think somebody at specialized is watching.

Also I'm betting Neko ---> Intense. They're all gung ho American right now.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Am I insane to think that Hill could go to Intense? If you think about it, he and Palmer have a bit of a bromance. I think he started his career on an intense and Intense and Palm are tied in pretty tight with TLD. I'm not sure it's in Intense's budget or if they're intending on fielding a WC team but I'm calling it as a wild card shot.[/QUOTE
This is probably the most controversial and interesting speculation posted so far. I think it's a possibility. Sure, Sam had a great year on the new bike, and he seems to be happy, but CRC landing Sam was a bit of a surprise when it happened. The implication was that he got an offer he couldn't refuse, explaining his move from such a high profile team to a completely unproven one. Everyone assumed that he got big bucks from CRC, but maybe there just wasn't that much interest in Sam that offseason. He was coming off two disappointing years on Specialized and his stock was pretty low. His CRC deal may have been the best one out of a series of mediocre offers. So, now that he's hot again, he may be looking to cash in on a better deal with a legendary brand that he has ties with. This combined with an Intense desire for WC visibility makes all this very intriguing.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
it was mentioned, in the Palmer article at Pink bike Intense owner Jeff Steber wants a world cup win on his intense bikes (M9).
That is where my "prediction" came from..and Palmer also made a statement about not being able to name names, but the only current world cup rider that he talked about was Sam Hill. Palmer is not a "dip you toes in the water" kinda guy. He's all or nothing, so I am sure that is something he would pursue. Whether or not it's in the budget, or whether or not SH and Jacy would give it any consideration at all remains to be seen.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Which one is Sam Hill that you think might be switching teams? Because the kangaroo is Tbro, who's contract with rockshox is up. And I heard that specialized is equipping their new demo's with some pretty nifty suspension.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Which one is Sam Hill that you think might be switching teams? Because the kangaroo is Tbro, who's contract with rockshox is up. And I heard that specialized is equipping their new demo's with some pretty nifty suspension.
The Sam Hill stuff is too hot even for "Team Rumors". But seriously, my speculation has no basis in reality. Pure conjecture.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
This is probably the most controversial and interesting speculation posted so far. I think it's a possibility. Sure, Sam had a great year on the new bike, and he seems to be happy, but CRC landing Sam was a bit of a surprise when it happened. The implication was that he got an offer he couldn't refuse, explaining his move from such a high profile team to a completely unproven one. Everyone assumed that he got big bucks from CRC, but maybe there just wasn't that much interest in Sam that offseason. He was coming off two disappointing years on Specialized and his stock was pretty low. His CRC deal may have been the best one out of a series of mediocre offers. So, now that he's hot again, he may be looking to cash in on a better deal with a legendary brand that he has ties with. This combined with an Intense desire for WC visibility makes all this very intriguing.
Marketingwise, I'd say Hill is way more attractive then Gwin or another top dog. Hill is that flat out crazy lines riding tattoo guy, which shines on the brutalest of brutal tracks. Everyone and their mother roots for him, because you certainly know, you will see some "are you fvcking kidding me" moments in his runs.
Every kid wants to ride either like him, like Bulldog (because Kovarik is unfortunately a little under the radar nowadays) or like Bryceland/Fairclough (let's say british finest).
He's also a two time "champion of the hearts".

So beside Sheffield steel I think he's THE bikeselling machine.

I don't think he would go to Intense. They don't have the funds to get him. The dude has in a few months three mouths to fill and will definitely search the biggest paycheck.
Maybe Intense will come up with strong partners, so who knows.

But what do I know? I'm only an engineer. And so nerdy about DH racing :think:

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
"Marketingwise, I'd say Hill is way more attractive then Gwin or another top dog. Hill is that flat out crazy lines riding tattoo guy, which shines on the brutalest of brutal tracks."

Until this season, he was the "flat out crazy lines riding tatoo guy, that used to win races".

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Moving on from the guy who isn't switching teams or sponsors,

Who is:

Horse
patched up guy
yeah boy
Rambo

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Hill back to Spesh to join up with his protege T-Broz, Gwin back to Yeti to properly introduce the new DH sled and dominate rock garden speed traps. The obvious problem with this scenario is the Demo's rear end is way too wiggly for Sam Mutha Fvcking Hill's gnar lines, as illustrated in slide 19 -
http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Worlds-Fastest-Downhill-Mountain-Bikers-Hafjell-World-Championship-Slideshow,8094/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

In reality, I would think CRC has enough resources to keep Hill, even if it means "renegotiating" his contract a bit to keep the bigger guys at bay.

As for Neko, I agree with Jeremy that it would seem like a nice fit for him on Sram/TLD, but I'd still be surprised if Trek let him get away (although maybe Neko would switch to get a new chain sponsor).

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Not sure if it means anything, but in that Vital slideshow they refer to Connor Fearnon as " Yeah Connor!".

Maybe this is "yeah boy"..

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I would say that the Rag doll is Fearon judging by the hair and the stain on the arm from an infected elbow.
Since there are no Tats on the Kangaroo it must be Troy.
The beer seems Pretty Obvious, But maybe it isn't. I have my suspiscions.
Not too sure about the Rambo looking guy or the yes man.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Hill rode a gold bike at Worlds, Intense has gold bikes at Dirt Demo, and claims "top 5" talent for their WC squad. I may have said too much....

I actually hope Hill sticks with CRC and Intense takes a couple younger B-rate riders and gives them the tools they need to become A level rather than just hire a guy currently at the top.