Quantcast

2015 Rockshox Boxxer

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Have they improved their bushing and seal tolerances yet? Are they still using rock hard seal material that is objectively inferior to what the other mfg. use? If not, i bet the fork still feels draggy and needs constant maintenance...pass.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Have they improved their bushing and seal tolerances yet? Are they still using rock hard seal material that is objectively inferior to what the other mfg. use? If not, i bet the fork still feels draggy and needs constant maintenance...pass.
tl;dr? answers are in there.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Well, we're in the middle of June..where is the Charger cartridge?

I've avoided rebuilding my "11 WC and was planning to pick up the cartridge and swap it in. It's the second weekend in a row riding without full travel (only about 7") so I guess I'm going to have to tear it down. C'mon where can I send my money for one of these things!

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Well, we're in the middle of June..where is the Charger cartridge?

I've avoided rebuilding my "11 WC and was planning to pick up the cartridge and swap it in. It's the second weekend in a row riding without full travel (only about 7") so I guess I'm going to have to tear it down. C'mon where can I send my money for one of these things!

hey i was first in line!

yeah i feel like we will be in july still waiting

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I just bought a new bike with a crappy rc on it. Can't decide whether to charger it or stick my '10 888 wc ti on there.
Not sure what year you've got, but my pike is worlds smoother than my 2011 boxxer...nothing to do with the damper, just the fit and finish.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
I've only had a chance to bounce around on it in my garage and street, but it is 100% a new fork. Full DH report in a couple weeks. The (slightly) notchy feeling, and gummy feeling is totally gone. Each click has a firm detent and makes a noticeable difference in damping. The initial plushness is enough to require a new psi setting.

It's worth twice the price RS is charging. (see what I did there)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Between all the complaining about new standards how cool is it that RS brings out an damper upgrade that fits forks all the way back to 2010. Riding a Pike I'm sure it will perform really well too.

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
I've only had a chance to bounce around on it in my garage and street, but it is 100% a new fork. Full DH report in a couple weeks. The (slightly) notchy feeling, and gummy feeling is totally gone. Each click has a firm detent and makes a noticeable difference in damping. The initial plushness is enough to require a new psi setting.

It's worth twice the price RS is charging. (see what I did there)
The initial plushness is what I'm looking for. I get serious finger lock when riding long, rough days. Chatter kills my fingers.
We've all read ride reports about the new fork but haven't heard from anyone using the new damper on an old fork.
Just your initial impressions sound very promising. Thanks for that!

Jun 10, 2013
Sorry folks. Had a run on the last of them on Friday and we are now sold out. We have more coming into stock Tuesday or Wednesday of next week providing no delays :)

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
OK, cartridge is in hand and am going to install tonight. With the current set up in my '11 WC you add 239ml of 5 wt oil in the upper tube of the rebound cartridge. On the Charger install instructions there is no mention of adding fluid in the upper tube, only 10ml of supplied 3 wt oil into the lower. Does this system not require fluid in rebound side upper?

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
It states that it is a sealed system with "suspension oil housed in an expandable rubber bladder"..so I guess that is the answer(?).

OK, cartridge is in hand and am going to install tonight. With the current set up in my '11 WC you add 239ml of 5 wt oil in the upper tube of the rebound cartridge. On the Charger install instructions there is no mention of adding fluid in the upper tube, only 10ml of supplied 3 wt oil into the lower. Does this system not require fluid in rebound side upper?
Nope. Run it bone dry ace

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Cool, may see you there as I plan on going up with my son. I'm on a red and black demo 8...and have a prosthetic leg..dead give away.