Quantcast

2015 Specialized Demo and Enduro Evo

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Everyone

when you're sitting down on your dh bike?
oh I don't know, maybe it would be useful when you have to use the seat because of a massive case. would be nice if the frame didn't buckle. but hey, it's lighter so who cares right?

regardless, it's ugly. and doesn't serve a real purpose.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
How is having an asymmetrical support structure more performance oriented than having one that is symmetrical? A triangle is the strongest geometric shape in the world, not a "C". It just so happens that having a symmetrical structure would be more aesthetically pleasing than that stupid **** they have going on. Who gives a **** if it's lighter, I don't want my bike to have asymmetrical stiffness characteristics. That's like doing what F1 went through in the 60's and 70's, doing **** to make it lighter without giving any regard to fatigue and stiffness, thus failure after failure.

There's a reason **** like this doesn't catch on

You clearly know a lot about everything. Care to teach me some astrophysics, economics, and philosophy while you're at it? I'd love to hear your take. Maybe we can talk about it while riding our unbreakable 60lb steel DH machines down the hill together.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
where i grew up rolling up the left pant leg like that meant you were selling drugs. right leg meant you were buying.
The capitalist in me would roll both up. And you may need to be slinging rock to buy a $300 MTB gear kit.....

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
:panic::panic::panic:Quick someone tell Ducati their superbike is going to fail because of it's Asymmetrical swingarm!!!!!!!!:panic:panic::panic:

Not a Ducati. ;) The MV Agusta is one of my favorite bikes, however.

Seriously though, single-sided swingarms have not been a real success in motorcycle racing in a long time. Ducati uses them on their current superbike because the Ducati 999 was seen as a design failure compared to the ducati 998 and they wanted to go back to their roots. Where it matters, however., (i.e. MotoGP), Ducati's boat anchor of a bike uses a normal double-sided swingarm. None of the swingarms are truly symmetrical, however.

Having said that, there can be many valid reasons to use asymetrical designs.

Last edited:

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
does anyone have any information about geometry numbers? need to order one for 2015 and dont know whitch size to take

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I've heard Curtis talking to some guy at Lost Lake about how chain guide is mounted. There is BB30, chain stay keep it together and the ISCG05 "tabs" are just holes in the right side of CS. Chain guide moves with CS.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've heard Curtis talking to some guy at Lost Lake about how chain guide is mounted. There is BB30, chain stay keep it together and the ISCG05 "tabs" are just holes in the right side of CS. Chain guide moves with CS.
interesting. at least you don't have to worry about clearance as it progresses through travel

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
$4850 MSRP on frame is my guess. The enduro went up a good amount on frame only so not sure if same will happen with this.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Today, I had an opportunity to demo new Demo S-works. Even though, there was hell of the Giant party at GLC, I managed be at Specialized Racing tent at 9am :O :D
I've got the bike for 5 hours. Unfortunately, there was no small size. So, I've got medium.
There was Boxxer Team in front. It had soft spring, at least that's what the sticker said. But, I have a impression, it has been harder that similar fork I've been riding on new Glory. Maybe Spec has got some different factory tune.
Ohllins at the back.
I ran like 20-25% SAG.
Sram new DH gruppo and new Guide RC DH (again, some custom Spec stuff), worked perfectly.
I am just 170cm high, so, obviously, the bike has been a bit too long for me. But, not much.
It was greasy and foggy, today in the morning. So, I warmed up at Crank it Up... the bike didn't feel good. Moreover, there was like billion ppl in line to get on the lift. I've decided to go up to Garbo zone.
I've hit Freight Train twice. Faster I was going and rougher terrain there was, bike felt better.
I've also had a great fun on Dirt Merchant and a-line.
I really liked the bike. I wish I had a chance to ride on proper size with suspension set properly.
From the aesthetics point of view, it's awesome. There is no other bike like that.