Category
29ers
Price
Size

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Wow...I haven't been to this site in years. Crazy to see how much it's grown, how many new people are around and how many of the old members are still here!
Anyway...just trying to sell my bike...simply because there's another that I want and my wife (and my garage space!) won't let me have two. So here it is.

2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29
Trek's patented OCLV carbon frame keeps the bike light and surprisingly strong and stiff. Shimano XT components thoughout, carbon bars, Rock Shox Reverb seat drop post, and Bontrager Rhythm Comp tubeless ready 29" wheelset, and Bontrager XR3 Team Issue tires. Fox 32 Float Fit CTD 120 mm fork, Fox FloatCTD Re:aktiv 120 mm rear shock. No pedals, but you probably already know that pedals are pretty personal, most people with a bike of this level want a specific pedal type. Only blemish is the end of the right grip...didn't quite clear through a couple of tight trees. :)

Here are the bike specs from Trek's site:
http://archive.trekbikes.com/us/en/2015/Trek/fuel_ex_9_8_29#/us/en/2015/Trek/fuel_ex_9_8_29/details

This is the 17.5 frame size - most would say that's the equivalent of "medium". I'm 5'7" and the bike fits me near perfectly.
This is an aggressive bike that wants to go fast! I've owned the bike for 2 seasons and have pampered it. It has been cleaned and freshly oiled after each ride. New chain each summer. Brakes received standard service at the end of last summer. Tires should easily last through this season.

Contact me to arrange a time to meet and test ride. I can provide a basic set of flat pedals for test ride or you can bring along your own. See info in Reply for contact info. Text or email.
This bike retailed for $5400 two years ago...$2250 is easily a great price for this bike.

Attachments