Quantcast

2016 Election Post Mortem (aka Monday Morning QB)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Random thoughts:

*In an era of disruption, maybe the Dems should have also put up a disruptor (Bernie).

*It's not a right/left issue as much as it's a have/have not issue in this country. While wrapping up my MS degree, I had lots of Repub MBA professors spouting off about the new economy and that "people would just have to adapt". Perhaps too much disruption or unforeseen human consequences of Moore's Law?

*Christie and Guliani in the cabinet? That shit scares me more than Trump.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
In other words: Money rules the world.
In other news: China was rooting for Trump, because they think to have better chances to get the No.1 country in the world with him.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this is what happens when a weak candidate has 2 billion to spend....money better spent elsewhere.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The only plus as I see it, we voted for what we will get. The other choice was who she thouht we wanted her to be. I will give Trump a fair shake and hope to hell he surounds himself with good people and then listens to them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The only plus as I see it, we voted for what we will get. The other choice was who she thouht we wanted her to be. I will give Trump a fair shake and hope to hell he surounds himself with good people and then listens to them.
well, guiliani, gingrich, and christie are on that list, so no.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
How ridiculous is it that we've invested so much power in government that the election of one person could be so important? Do we have a president or god-emperor?

Do we really have to have one person to "lead" or "protect" us? Are we all so needy?

Sad, sad, sad...

I think some perspective is in order; we all end up dead one day no matter which asshole won. Go live your life and owe no alliance to any media invented political cartoon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How ridiculous is it that we've invested so much power in government that the election of one person could be so important? Do we have a president or god-emperor?

Do we really have to have one person to "lead" or "protect" us? Are we all so needy?

Sad, sad, sad...

I think some perspective is in order; we all end up dead one day no matter which asshole won. Go live your life and owe no alliance to any media invented political cartoon.

Seems like a widening gap.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
On the bright side, I've made a killing in the stock market this morning. No clue how that happened, but fuck it, I'll take it.

Otherwise, I'm looking for other silver linings. May finally be able to buy part of Rocky Mtn Ntl Park?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The next 4 years will be interesting to say the least. All the morons will be expecting him to come through on all his foolish campaign trail rhetoric and will probably only excuse him when they realize that it was all bullshit and hubris. All the morons on public aid will blame Obama when it gets cut and they cant afford the diesel for their trucks anymore.

Meanwhile, he and Hilary will continue to laugh all the way to the bank.

As long as he doesn't start any new wars or expand any old ones, I may not be completely unhappy. But Bernie deserved better.

Honestly, I think we were fucked with either one, and I think he will find this gig to be much more difficult than he anticipated.

Also, I feel for the senior military officers that are going to have to deal with his Field Marshall Trump act, and the career public servant types that will fall under him.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trump voters will not like what happens next

We liberal elitists are now completely in the clear. The government is in Republican hands. Let them deal with him. Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and deport the undocumented and deal with opioids, and we Democrats can go for a long , brisk walk and smell the roses.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
more perspective:

231,556,622 eligible voters

46.9% didn't vote
25.6% voted for Clinton
25.5% voted for Trump
1.7% voted for Johnson

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Honestly, I think they disconnected the button for GWB. Probably should do the same for DJT.
The good news is, that if it's not, you and I are so close to Cheyenne Mountain/NORAD, Peterson, Carson, etc that we'll be insta-fried, no wandering the post nuclear wasteland, Fending off the zombies and cannibals for us. Take that fly over America!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
If Hillary hadn't shanked Bernie Sanders in the primaries, we'd have him as our next President instead of Trump today.

We all should hold the Media responsible for Trump because they chose to ignore the volumes of manipulative, corrupt dealings of the Hillary era revealed to the world by Wikileaks and shill for her in a complicit biased way. Unbiased objective Media is dead.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I said it during Brexit and I say it now: People over 65 years old should not be able to vote.
They are only dreaming about the good old days and went these times back. They are not building the future as most of them are already retired. And most of the time they are just fed up and crumpy.

The world is changing so fast that even young people have trouble following, nevermind the seniors.