Quantcast

2016 giant glory suspension settings

Cbsnz

Chimp
May 11, 2021
Hey, have just purchased and completely rebuilt a giant glory but I can not find anything on some sort of base settings for the boxxer team or the vivid rc2 it’s a medium frame I’ve put a blue spring in the fork amd shock currently has a 400 pound spring in it any help would be appreciated

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Here's how I set mine up. Sold both RockShox suspension items. Bought Marzocchi 380Ti C2R2 fork and matching C2R shock. Minimal maintenance, set and forget.

But if you really want to abuse yourself using the RS stuff set your sag and get the correct springs for your weight, it's on the RS website. The Glory has a great design but can be made better with good components.

Cbsnz

Chimp
May 11, 2021
The team boxxer on my bike has the charger damper was just after a quick base setting for the compression and rebound really. I’ve never had rockshox stuff on any of my dh bikes so not too sure where to start.
Not the biggest fan of giants really but this bike was cheap and for the normal cost of one I’ve fully rebuilt it so not a bad deal.

Cbsnz

Chimp
May 11, 2021
Here's how I set mine up. Sold both RockShox suspension items. Bought Marzocchi 380Ti C2R2 fork and matching C2R shock. Minimal maintenance, set and forget.

But if you really want to abuse yourself using the RS stuff set your sag and get the correct springs for your weight, it's on the RS website. The Glory has a great design but can be made better with good components.
Haha yeah I had a 2015 mondraker summum that I put a 380 c2r2 on was by far the best dh fork I’ve had unfortunately I sold that bike after I broke my shoulder tore my rotator cuff and pulled the ligaments off the bone.

with the firm spring I’ve got about 18% sag on the fork but the medium I had 25 I’d rather a little firmer and shock is about 25mm but I’m yet to ride the bike hopefully this sat and see how it feels suspension was stripped and rebuilt so I have no settings for either

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
The team boxxer on my bike has the charger damper was just after a quick base setting for the compression and rebound really. I’ve never had rockshox stuff on any of my dh bikes so not too sure where to start.
Not the biggest fan of giants really but this bike was cheap and for the normal cost of one I’ve fully rebuilt it so not a bad deal.
Check out the tuning section of that PDF. Also make sure you are using the proper spring for your body weight; THEN start clicking adjusters

Glorys are rad, I def wouldnt mind one....long and slack as faurk

Cbsnz

Chimp
May 11, 2021
Check out the tuning section of that PDF. Also make sure you are using the proper spring for your body weight; THEN start clicking adjusters

Yeah I’m 87kg have already fitted the firm spring to fork have around 18% sag but was 25 with medium spring, looked about 25mm on shock but was in a hurry and haven’t had time to check it properly yet. I haven’t ridden the bike quite keen to see how it goes went for a medium being 5”10 with there sizing hoping it was a good decision I normally ride large frames

Cbsnz

Chimp
May 11, 2021

Rode bike in the weekend goes pretty good shock spring is definitely too soft will go to a 450 could really feel that it was a medium than a large threw me off a bit trying to get use to it could move it around a lot easier impressed so far