Quantcast

$$$ 2016 GMT $$$

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
New year, new you! I partied pretty hard last night. And by that I mean I watched college football until 9:15, then went to bed and slept 11 hours. That was awesome.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Happy New Year monkies! Now remember only YOU can prevent forest fires. Hate your job? Quit and get a new one. Hate people? Go live in a cave. Looking for a high maintenance woman? Consider ///M. Tired of hangovers? Consider rehab. Not pooping properly? Eat an apple. See how easy it is to take control of your destiny?

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I spent more time up on a ladder today, successfully installing LED ceiling light fixtures (not the garage lights from yesterday) in the upstairs bedrooms. What a pain in the ass that was: one really needs three hands to do it properly: one to hold the fixture up, one to do up the wire nuts/ground wire, one to use the screwdriver. I ended up using the top of my head as a third hand at times. :D

I also got Prism TV (TV-over-IP, included with my internet package for better or worse) working. This is all through my own ASUS router so I am proud--tech said it wouldn't work. I'm not sure the quality is any better than digital over the air (which we watch all of one time per year usually, for the Superbowl) but it's something.

A few minutes and it'll be time to pick up the wife, kids, and father in law at the airport. He's going to help us by painting some walls and perhaps installing some window shades since I've put in my fair share of labor these past few days.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to see dungen in march.....scratch off bucket list.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend was gifted a Soundcraft 22 channel recording console to be installed in his Library. His library has 11K books in it. It has a Geology section with samples. Man did I got my geek on. After I wired up the console and mounted his Monitors up. They smoked weed and drank wine while I explored his library. It was awesome.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I spent more time up on a ladder today, successfully installing LED ceiling light fixtures (not the garage lights from yesterday) in the upstairs bedrooms. What a pain in the ass that was: one really needs three hands to do it properly: one to hold the fixture up, one to do up the wire nuts/ground wire, one to use the screwdriver. I ended up using the top of my head as a third hand at times. :D
Sometime before spring I have to install 2 vintage 36" diameter light fixtures in the front living area of our loft. The ceilings are 14 feet and my tallest ladder is only 10 feet so I have a great excuse to buy a 12 foot ladder...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sometime before spring I have to install 2 vintage 36" diameter light fixtures in the front living area of our loft. The ceilings are 14 feet and my tallest ladder is only 10 feet so I have a great excuse to buy a 12 foot ladder...
I don't envy you. Those have to be heavy, and that's higher than bouldering wall height. Rig up a top rope and harness instead? :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Turns out Lil heathen wants to copy her dad, she put a nice fracture in her tibia this afternoon. Crazy kids, what will they think of next.