Quantcast

2016 NFL thread so speak up now!

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
and the #sameoldlions #SOL #fuckinglosers proved #theyarewhatwethoughttheywere #weletthemoffthehook

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghjjjjkkkkkkkkkkk why do I even look at the scores?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Go lions! pull off a comeback overtime win and get us all drinking the honolulu blue kool aide and then next week let us down!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
and a sad face, but at this point who cares right? effing lions, they suck so bad.
Who cares indeed. Football and other sports are entertaining but I never got the hard core fan concept. All those Cubs fans who broken down in tears over the world series need to take some time and put things into perspective.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Who cares indeed. Football and other sports are entertaining but I never got the hard core fan concept. All those Cubs fans who broken down in tears over the world series need to take some time and put things into perspective.
Just because YOUR life means something, don't go pissing on the rest of us who have to live life through "heroes".

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good article and I agree with most of it. I will say the NFL Red Zone makes watching football much more enjoyable.
I disagree that MMA will replace the NFL. If anything, if the football starts to fade, you'll see kids get funneled into basketball and baseball more. And if the USA ever decides to actually care about soccer, we'll be among the best in the world like we are with every other sport in which we actually try.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Good article and I agree with most of it. I will say the NFL Red Zone makes watching football much more enjoyable.
I disagree that MMA will replace the NFL. If anything, if the football starts to fade, you'll see kids get funneled into basketball and baseball more. And if the USA ever decides to actually care about soccer, we'll be among the best in the world like we are with every other sport in which we actually try.
I feel that MMA is just like boxing in that it will go through spurts of popularity. People watch and pay for the big events and then no one really cares about it the rest of the year.

Soccer is slowly but steadily gaining in viewership in the US (I'm a soccer fan and have had this discussion many times). The main contributing factor to it gaining popularity here is several major network television stations actually showing games in the past few years plus the US Women's team winning their third World Cup title in 2015. Even though the Premier League still gets more air time than the MLS in the US (which is a bit backwards in my opinion), it still gets people interested in the sport. In a way it's the world sport since it's played in pretty much every country around the world. I know it's probably true that soccer will never be as big in the US as Football/Baseball/Hockey but at least it's getting some recognition that it deserves from Americans.