Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
yes they are fucking nuts

Jerry Falwell Jr. Endorses Donald Trump
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/jerry-falwell-jr-endorses-donald-trump-n504531

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. endorsed Donald Trump on Tuesday, giving the Republican presidential frontrunner an influential stamp of approval from one of the country's best known evangelical leaders.

Falwell, the son of a famed Christian televangelist, has spoken glowingly about Trump and his endorsement does not come as a surprise. But coming just days before the Iowa caucuses, the support may help boost Trump among the state's influential evangelical caucus goers.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
yes they are fucking nuts

Jerry Falwell Jr. Endorses Donald Trump
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/jerry-falwell-jr-endorses-donald-trump-n504531

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. endorsed Donald Trump on Tuesday, giving the Republican presidential frontrunner an influential stamp of approval from one of the country's best known evangelical leaders.

Falwell, the son of a famed Christian televangelist, has spoken glowingly about Trump and his endorsement does not come as a surprise. But coming just days before the Iowa caucuses, the support may help boost Trump among the state's influential evangelical caucus goers.
Wonder how much that cost him...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Vets for anybody but Trump.

“Let me put this in language Donald Trump understands,” Jon Soltz, an Iraq War veteran and the chairman of VoteVets.org, said in a statement. “You’re a loser. You’re a third-rate politician, who clearly doesn’t understand issues, and is so scared of Megyn Kelly exposing it, that you’re looking to use veterans to protect you from facing her questions.”

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It might just be the biggest con in history.

According to the report, Trump was approached two years ago by GOP operatives who wanted him to run for governor of New York. To their surprise, he declined but added that they would be useful when he ran for president. “I’m going to walk away with it and win outright,” Trump told the group, “I’m going to get in and all the polls are going to go crazy. I’m going to suck all the oxygen out of the room. I know how to work the media in a way that that they will never take the lights off of me.”

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought so for a while, I still hope so, but man, I dunno. Until he announces Jon Stewart as his choice for VP, I have to assume he's serious. :twitch:
I think he is serious about winning. Just not sure he has any clue what to do once he's win other than burn this country to the ground while cashing in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think he is serious about winning. Just not sure he has any clue what to do once he's win other than burn this country to the ground while cashing in.
If he does win, burning to the ground is what the country deserves.

Edit: Just as much burning will is likely to take place if Cruz is at the helm, but it isn't quite as obvious.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hillary is definitely feeling the Bern. Awfully close for a "regional" candidate...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it's a honky state....your optimism will die in the south like bernies chances.
Unfortunately likely true. I still kicked in another $5 for Bernie today so that his contribution # totals will be boosted.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
it's a honky state....your optimism will die in the south like bernies chances.
Unfortunately likely true. I still kicked in another $5 for Bernie today so that his contribution # totals will be boosted.
Sadly I agree as well. Hopefully people will actually listen and learn something about him, now that he's a definite contender for the candidacy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sadly I agree as well. Hopefully people will actually listen and learn something about him, now that he's a definite contender for the candidacy.
his luck might change. now that caucus season has started, and iowa is so close, "mainstream media" pretty much has no choice but to consider him a legitimate contender. with that comes more people being exposed to his platform. media can no longer tout that hillary is the "clear leader" for the dem nomination

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
his luck might change. now that caucus season has started, and iowa is so close, "mainstream media" pretty much has no choice but to consider him a legitimate contender. with that comes more people being exposed to his platform. media can no longer tout that hillary is the "clear leader" for the dem nomination

this. ^^^ listening to the "clear leader" and "what Rep. will run against Clinton" comments shows the bias of ALL media these days.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
die in the south like bernies chances
I'm more than a little confused about this, because it's true. There isn't a single cracker in this bunch of presidential candidates that can even come close to Bernies record on civil rights and equality. Were talking about a guy that did jail time was arrested for protesting segregation, acted hard on prison reform, has defended the voting rights act, and spent tons of time trying to protect Latin Americans and their migrant brethren both abroad and in this country. Why he isn't pushing his record harder on this to pick up minority voters blows my mind.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm more than a little confused about this, because it's true. There isn't a single cracker in this bunch of presidential candidates that can even come close to Bernies record on civil rights and equality. Were talking about a guy that did jail time for protesting segregation, has defended the voting rights act, and spent tons of time trying to protect Latin Americans and their migrant brethren both abroad and in this country. Why he isn't pushing his record harder on this to pick minority voters blows my mind.
I *think* the assumption is that because Bill "I feel your pain" Clinton appealed to many black voters in the South, Hillary will have that same response. Bill had the look and feel of an "enlightened" good ol'boy from Arkansas, whereas Hillary has the look and feel of a former NY senator who really likes subarus.

While I may be very wrong on this, I'm hoping Kranked is right and more people become familiar with Bernie's record and subsequently reconsider an automatic pant suit vote.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm more than a little confused about this, because it's true. There isn't a single cracker in this bunch of presidential candidates that can even come close to Bernies record on civil rights and equality. Were talking about a guy that did jail time was arrested for protesting segregation, acted hard on prison reform, has defended the voting rights act, and spent tons of time trying to protect Latin Americans and their migrant brethren both abroad and in this country. Why he isn't pushing his record harder on this to pick up minority voters blows my mind.
Or maybe Bernie knows not to play an ace in the hole too early

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I *think* the assumption is that because Bill "I feel your pain" Clinton appealed to many black voters in the South, Hillary will have that same response.
It's not an assumption. It's supported by the data. http://www.inquisitr.com/2754225/bernie-sanders-polls-south-carolina-poll-numbers-show-sanders-attacking-one-of-hillary-clintons-major-strengths/

In the late fall, Clinton led South Carolina polls by a margin of more than 40 points, but a CBS News/YouGov released this week shows that Bernie Sanders cut the gap to 22 points.

How he did it may be even more significant. In polling from November, Clinton led among black voters by a margin of 82 percent to 14 percent for Sanders. In the latest she still held a lead, but the margin was smaller — 76 percent to 22 percent.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Advisors Hopeful Jeb Bush Finally Has Momentum To End Campaign

HENNIKER, NH—Saying his performance in last night’s Iowa caucuses provided just the push he needed, advisors for Jeb Bush expressed their hope Tuesday that the Republican candidate has finally garnered enough momentum to end his presidential campaign. “If you look back across several weeks of polling data, you can see that Jeb is definitely starting to build a full head of steam and appears to be in an excellent position to exit the presidential race,” said campaign manager Danny Diaz, adding that Bush wasn’t just picking up speed in the early primary states but across the country as a whole, and appeared poised to retake the national spotlight by announcing the suspension of his campaign. “New Hampshire can be a significant turning point for this campaign if Jeb finishes similarly there. It feels like we could certainly keep following this trajectory and make a big move to call it quits. Let me tell you, there’s a certain energy in the Bush camp right now.” At press time, Bush’s campaign office was buzzing with dozens of staffers canceling accommodations and tour stops all across South Carolina and Nevada.
:rofl: