Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Perhaps, but lately my inbox flooded with cat skiing ads from the interior BC and it doesn't exactly look sucky. (edit: for N.America)
if america sucks that bad...fuck being its neighbor.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
as opposed to bernie and all that blue collar money he has been hoodwinking people out of....
Please...

Bernie is running a legitimate campaign, Carson was just building a brand name for himself while his cronies spent way more on "fund-raising" than the other candidates. If Carson wasn't running the scam someone was.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Please...

Bernie is running a legitimate campaign, Carson was just building a brand name for himself while his cronies spent way more on "fund-raising" than the other candidates. If Carson wasn't running the scam someone was.
i'm not defending sleeping beauty....legitimate campaign....ehhh...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i'm not defending sleeping beauty....legitimate campaign....ehhh...
By legitimate, I meant that Sanders is actually campaigning for President, where as Carson never really seemed to be all that serious about being President. And for someone who is clearly disinterested in the job, he stayed in the race for a suspiciously long time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some of us dentists gave too...
I threw some bucks at him, between oil changes and fighting the Pinkertons.

Agree with his politics or not, hard to argue against the fact that he is the only candidate that isn't in the back pocket of a few wealthy donors or slaves to their own hyper expanding egos.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Remember how the Republicans were bragging about how they had a diverse group of minority candidates? How's that working out?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had some beers with a buddy of mine last night. He is a Brit, despite being in the US for over a decade this is the first election he has paid any attention to. He isn't just paying attention, he is enthralled, and entertained. He claims it is the best thing he has seen on television. Which makes me think if Americans are even taking this shit show seriously, or if this is just a big reality show to them and they are voting for the person they find the most entertaining.

For the record my friend is also mortified of the implications and is happy to be able to retreat back to Europe with a proper retirement and health system any time he wants.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Had some beers with a buddy of mine last night. He is a Brit, despite being in the US for over a decade this is the first election he has paid any attention to. He isn't just paying attention, he is enthralled, and entertained. He claims it is the best thing he has seen on television. Which makes me think if Americans are even taking this shit show seriously, or if this is just a big reality show to them and they are voting for the person they find the most entertaining.

For the record my friend is also mortified of the implications and is happy to be able to retreat back to Europe with a proper retirement and health system any time he wants.
British politics are no less entertaining, somewhere on the webs is a House of Commons debate over who is the most legitimate Smiths fan with both sides quoting lyrics to make their point.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This one had me crying at the end. It gets better as you watch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bernie by 2-1 in Maine. Would be very interesting to see what the actual vote count is nationally at this point