Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
A broken system isn't an endorsement of jim-bob.
That's my point! In absolutely no other aspect of our lives, except for politics do we use the word "career" to belittle something or to point out what's wrong with it. Flawed though it may be, having experience in something should't be a disqualifer.

i think there are plenty of lawyers in the united states with egos big enough to think they know what is best for us for there to be a healthy turnover.....senators should be limited to two terms and congressmen to three.....then they can earn their speaking fees...
We already have a system for healthy turnover. It's called voting. People just need to actually do it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also Jim-Bob would hire people to build a HUUUGE tunnel that doesn't fix the problem like the Alaskan Way Viaduct.

http://grist.org/cities/seattles-unbelievable-transportation-megaproject-fustercluck/
I don't know what the right solution is but the article ignores the fact that the viaduct offers the only real North/South alternative to I-5, which itself is a giant clusterfuck. I-5 goes from 4 or more lanes each way down to 2 while intersecting with I-90 right at downtown and therefor is usually a parking lot. To add to the clusterfuckedness they decided to build two stadiums right where the viaduct hit street level. During any event things come to a standstill due to pedestrian crossing.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
People are idiots.
The reason to vote for Clinton is the supreme court.
You do NOT want Drumpf and the Heritage Foundation picking the next 3(?) justices.
That alone is enough of a reason.

Clinton may be a bought shill, but she is predictable.

Durmpf is a thin skinned loose cannon, imagine him and Putin in a room. He would come out dancing like Putin's' favorite marionette. Too dumb, too dangerous.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This Hipster attitude of not voting because Hillary sucks is just fucking stupid !

Despite all the bitching, all you're doing is helping Trump get elected. He's dangerous to the point of the situation being reminiscent of 1930's Germany. And if you can't see that then you need to pull your head out of your ass, put your ego aside and start paying attention.

This election may appear to be a joke, but it really isn't.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Yeah it kind of boggles my mind that an otherwise appearently sane person would not vote democrat if theyd have to vote for Clinton and thus helping teh Drumpz.

I was having this conversation the other day with a friend of mine who is from Peru but lives in Virginia.
She would rather not vote because she "doesnt trust Clinton." Her Republitard Super Patriot husband Probably has somethig to do with this i recon.
But really? Are you really that fucking dumb?

I dont even live in the US but i dont think i could be friends with someone who would vote for Trunkf.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i'm hoping that hillary gets indicted before the DNC.
Yeah, and hopefully Bernie won't drop out like Cruz and Kasich, leaving the door open for Trump to run unopposed. Hell I'd take Kasich over the other two even though I don't like his politics, at least he behaves professionally.

But the reality of this election is not about picking the best possible Democrat, but stopping a historical disaster of epic proportions before it spirals hopelessly out of control.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah who cares. Whiney self entitled 18-25 year olds who think they know everything never vote anyways. Never have and never will. The real tragedy is being stupid enough to think they matter.

Just market bullshit like iphones to them to buy. That's the only thing they're useful for anyway.

Heh 'conservatives, republicans.....for Bernie Sanders'

Idiots.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, and hopefully Bernie won't drop out like Cruz and Kasich, leaving the door open for Trump to run unopposed. Hell I'd take Kasich over the other two even though I don't like his politics, at least he behaves professionally.

But the reality of this election is not about picking the best possible Democrat, but stopping a historical disaster of epic proportions before it spirals hopelessly out of control.
he's not dropping out. he's riding it out till the convention. while it's impossible for him to win prior to the convention, it's basically impossible for clinton to win, she'd have to win something like 75% of the remaining delegates.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
he's not dropping out. he's riding it out till the convention. while it's impossible for him to win prior to the convention, it's basically impossible for clinton to win, she'd have to win something like 75% of the remaining delegates.
I thought that was via phony delegate math that ignored superdelegates.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I don't understand not voting - on either side of the 49th.
I voted in the first election I was eligible for and have not missed voting yet. I'm about to be 52.
While the choices may suck, sometimes you have to hold your nose and pull the lever for the least fucked.
There can be much more at stake such as Climate Change or as mentioned teh Supreme Court, EPA etc
Take at least a moderate term look if ya can't do long-term.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As I will be in Washington come election time. It will most likely by a Hillary state assuming she takes the nomination. I feel like I have some moral flexibility with a 3rd party or write in vote. However, if I was still in Virginia, which has been very close the last two cycles, I would certainly vote for the first lady.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A buddy of mine pondered how Trump could win a primary but hasn't met a single supporter. I met my second Trump supporter today. Flat bed operator who came to pickup the Volvo for transport. He had a total of 3 teeth in his head.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
you better not sit it out....people might point and laugh.
Never. Don't worry about that.

A buddy of mine pondered how Trump could win a primary but hasn't met a single supporter. I met my second Trump supporter today. Flat bed operator who came to pickup the Volvo for transport. He had a total of 3 teeth in his head.
The only Drumpf supporter I've personally met is a fueler here on the airfield. You can always smell him before you see him, and he has no teeth between any of his canines, front and bottom.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Those appearances are consistent with this sentiment, at least:

Rednecks are a constituency with little political voice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Those appearances are consistent with this sentiment, at least:

Rednecks are a constituency with little political voice.

They have plenty of voice. NRA, and the vast majority of the right. That voice just cares very little about them.