Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Failure to divest/put her money where her mouth is - Jill Stein is a fake Green Party candidate: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/26/jill-stein-s-ideology-says-one-thing-her-investment-portfolio-says-another.html
That's a bullshit argument.

"Most of Stein’s investments are in mutual funds or index funds."

All sane investors should be doing this. You are welcome to invest based on ideological purity, but that's a ridiculous standard to hold people to.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

All sane investors should be doing this. You are welcome to invest based on ideological purity, but that's a ridiculous standard to hold people to.
Looks like I found the guy with a logical, safe, investment strategy.

Get the fuck out, commie.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trump has been quietly gaining in the polls. If you plot polls with recent events Trump gain ground when things are quiet but takes significant losses whenever he speaks on national TV through conventions or debates. In other words, undecideds like him when they don't see or hear him, hate him otherwise. I am not sure who is dumber, Trump supporters or those who can't make up their mind about him.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Trump is speaking in Golden in a little while. I'm sure traffic is a clusterfuck anywhere near the site.

Gee, I wonder what he'll have to say ....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Trump has been quietly gaining in the polls. If you plot polls with recent events Trump gain ground when things are quiet but takes significant losses whenever he speaks on national TV through conventions or debates. In other words, undecideds like him when they don't see or hear him, hate him otherwise. I am not sure who is dumber, Trump supporters or those who can't make up their mind about him.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

There are organizations/groups which have divested from fossil fuels including mutual and index funds - these aren't even progressive ones. If she's going to be a progressive green party candidate she has to put her money where her mouth is.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There are organizations/groups which have divested from fossil fuels including mutual and index funds - these aren't even progressive ones. If she's going to be a progressive green party candidate she has to put her money where her mouth is.
Just like how I don't drink Budweiser, no matter what, even if it's free.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trump wins

American University Professor Allen J. Lichtman, who has accurately predicted the winner of every presidential election since 1984, first forecast a victory for the GOP nominee during an interview with the Washington Post last month. Granted, this was before the release of the now-infamous “Access Hollywood” tape, followed by mounting allegations of sexual misconduct, which Trump has attempted to counter with claims that the election is rigged and that the media is conspiring against him. Meanwhile, the tense presidential debates concluded with the suggestion from Trump that he might not accept the outcome of the election if he is not the winner.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
More on crooked Trump, people are saying he's the best crook, believe me: http://www.newsweek.com/2016/11/11/donald-trump-companies-destroyed-emails-documents-515120.html

Attorney Kenneth McCallion was one of the federal prosecutors involved in that investigation. He says there appeared to be a sweetheart deal between the Teamsters Local 282 and Trump, where Trump would get a promise of cooperation from organized labor—including breaking up any strikes by minority workers—in exchange for no-show jobs, a lucrative concrete contract and a luxury apartment for the union president's girlfriend.

"After we indicted them, the Teamster leaders called a citywide strike, but there were two job sites they exempted from that. One was Trump Tower and the other was Trump Plaza," McCallion said.

Yet despite this, Trump was never prosecuted.

"Even though Donald Trump lied to law enforcement about his relationship and lying to federal agents is a federal crime, he basically got a pass at that point," he said.

McCallio, who recently wrote the book, The Essential Guide to Donald Trump, says the Republican candidate for president has continued to enjoy a comfortable relationship with organized crime.
http://www.wnyc.org/story/former-federal-prosecutor-trump-blocked-mafia-investigation/

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think HB2 will cost the nazis nc....handing 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound pants suit the election...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-early-voting/

Halfway down the page:
Iris Zhang said:
“Hillary wants to open the door to refugees to come to America. In my opinion, FBI agents can’t positively say who is a good guy and who is a bad guy 100 percent. So this is the reason I am voting for Trump.”
What kind of blithering fucking idiot do you have to be to critique immigration when you are of Chinese descent?

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Funny how he thinks that the militia needs to be well armed, but somehow passes right over the "well regulated" part.
This goes for every gun nut I have ever brought this argument up with. I don't think the forefathers envisioned a bunch of rednecks with high powered semi-auto rifles.