Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'll quit drinking the day that an electorate that believes this:
51% overall want to eliminate birthright citizenship. 54% think President Obama is a Muslim. And only 29% grant that President Obama was born in the United States. That’s less than the 40% who think Canadian born Ted Cruz was born in the United States.
nominates a black man to run for president.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My point is that the people who believe in the things those stats say, an appallingly large number of the GOP constituency, are the sorts of people not liable to be real friendly to a man with that much melanin, no mater how wacky his ideas might be.
As it is now, the republican nomination process is a complete shit show. If things continue as they are, it is quite possible that the popular front runner is a rogue, that does not actually get the RNC endorsement. Resulting in a strong third party run. Same could be said for Bernie if he continues to gain popularity.

Of course it really doesn't matter in the long run. No matter who wins the Presidency, we will still have a Congress full of shitheads who only care about their corporate constituency.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My point is that the people who believe in the things those stats say, an appallingly large number of the GOP constituency, are the sorts of people not liable to be real friendly to a man with that much melanin, no mater how wacky his ideas might be.
'squeeb knows melanin.

#tanenvy

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Tea Partiers are less upset about the size of government overall than they are that so much of it is going to other people, especially immigrants and nonwhites. They are for government for them and against government for Not-Them.
No shit. :rolleyes:

The author seems to have confused the word "populist" for the word "fascist".

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
is this how some dems are starting to think about annointing hillary?