Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Given that he reportedly passed a chemistry test during undergrad thanks to the steering hand of the same baby jeebus, he's always been a wacko.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/god-helped-ben-carson-ace-his-college-chemistry-final-giving-him-all-answers-dream

I'd personally like to know exactly how much affirmative action helped him get into Yale undergrad and then to med school thereafter. (Then again, Kerry and Bush were legacy admissions idiots. Where are the qualified, non-crazy atheist candidates? Oh yeah, not entering because the demographics of the country would mean they'd be unelectable.)
That's a story that he's telling about his past. I wanna hear someone else say he talked like that back then, not him saying he did. This could all be an act. And if it isn't, holly crap, what a whack job.

The legacy thing happens a lot in private institutions. There were legacy kids at my school that clearly should have not been there. "Oh, is Junior not doing so well and about to be expelled ? How much more do you need for the new Theater ?"

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
From the outside.

Your election campaign cycle is better than TV
Wacky entertainment at its finest.
You just can't write this shit.

But on the other hand, outsiders are looking in aghast, having a hard time reconciling with themselves that this is reality unfolding.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I don't know man. I was surrounded by premeds in my undergrad biochem degree. I FULLY believe that nutjob made it though med school. There's aptitude and there's reflection. Most of any kind of school only requires the former.

And I was surrounded by plenty of people who thought electron spin numbers were proof of gawd's awesomeness.
he is this guy?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmmm....i wonder which candidate has the smallest carbon footprint?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
has anyone talked about ending the election year welfare program called matching funds?