Belated report of dh bike tweaks. Given the awkward placement of the compression adjustments: I got a local metal fabricator to modify a couple of Allen keys. Then with the suspension kinda sorted, I moved on to rd adjustment. I've been using a 7 speed Hope hub with the bottom 7 gears from a 10 speed cluster. The system is almost perfect, barring the inability to correctly limit the low end of the gear range... The low screw, when correctly adjusted, prevents the derailleur from shifting into the higher gears. Seems to be a more recent SRAM issue. Long story short, after much stuffing around (including some aborted derailleur surgery), I epoxied an "L" section of aluminium onto the rd body, and we're good to go.