Quantcast

2017 380 c2r2 ti vs 2013 fox 40 rc2??

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Between the 2 which would be a better set up?? Newer one possibly better internals, older one with support still or are they pretty on par???

Racing, drops, jumps (getting into this more), and tuning reliabilty....

I've got fox 40 but entertaining idea of the marzocchi...read a bit about it not familiar with it and can always throw a cart in it...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well being marzocchi i just need kittens and shimz...lol

Yeah I am concerned about parts, and not sure if it's possible to shim a mid stack in it...

I like the concept and changes they made, called Ronnie at dvo to get his thoughts but he's out till tomorrow....

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Fox 40
Orange spring ti if you can find it
One moar face shimz on the base valve one more reboundz
I'll have to look i have medium in box and firm in the 40 now...can remember if its green or if it's yellow ill have to look....
It rides nice no complaints just thought maybe it would be an upgrade to run a newer damper on the 380 over the 40..but if they are pretty on par then keep what I can get parts for...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I'm not certain if it's the case with the 40 fork but you can probably buy a later version of the Cartridge from the better new 40 and put it into the older chassis. I think 2015-2017 had the better system if I recall. It Will probably set you back around $400 retail.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'm not certain if it's the case with the 40 fork but you can probably buy a later version of the Cartridge from the better new 40 and put it into the older chassis. I think 2015-2017 had the better system if I recall. It Will probably set you back around $400 retail.
Thats good to know... I hadn't thought about a more current cart for fox..was thinking what I had replace a shim or 2 if needed.. but ill start reading to see and see what the upgrades or updates were...

Was focused on a new chasis with the 380...