Well, after the upcoming weekend we are officially in the off-season. :doh:
So here it is: Your 2017 rumor thread.

Let's start with this:

• Luca Shaw joining the Syndicate
• Loris Vergier moving to another team
• Ratboy leaving the Syndicate
• Ratboy quitting DH :panic:
• Sam Hill to race EWS full time next season (and some choice DH events) :hmm:
• A Canyon-sponsored factory team will race in 2017 with Fabian Barel as Team Manager (will they get Loris?)
• Adam "Gas to flat" Brayton moving to another team
• Jerome Clementz will retire, or maybe not race a full season

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Maybe Clementz will start riding DH? He never did, not as an elit rider at least. Will Cannondale have a DH team then? With a new bike with a double lefty at the front? That would be something! :)

Are you sure there will be a Syndicate next year...?

I'm just speculating here...

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
* I think Neko off Scott replaced by Brayton.
* I also had the feeling that Ratboy was moving on or quitting DH to pursue full time dirtball status...has there been actual rumor to that effect?
* Blenki goes full enduro?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Someone will beat Rachel.
Sure, but anyone of the XX persuasion?

I'd be super bummed if Ratty called it quits, but like ianjenn stated, I could definitely see not wanting to risk life & limb for less than what an elementary school principal makes. Maybe he has his boat paid for and is ready to set a course for the Jamaican coastline, becoming a noted weed pirate.

Wonder if Peat will still have a hand in the WC scene via team manager and/or beer coordinator?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Aaron Gwin will break his contract with YT in an effort to find a brand that has been deemed more racist by the RideDonkey Godz. Because all 'mericans are racist, yo. Gay fish, yo.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Aaron Gwin will break his contract with YT in an effort to find a brand that has been deemed more racist by the RideDonkey Godz. Because all 'mericans are racist, yo. Gay fish, yo.
:think:
FWIW, mountain biking is about as lily white as it gets, as I don't even think lacrosse or swimming can compare in that regard.

Anyway, regarding Ratboy, they only thing I saw was a cryptic caption on one of the Vital/PB slideshows hinting that it might be it for him - which I took to mean he's leaving the Syndicate versus quitting racing altogether.

lolWes

Chimp
Aug 24, 2011
what's all this hoopajoop about ratboy leaving?
Ratboy leaves SC to ride for Nicolai on their newly formed Jib team as MTB jibbing will be joining the Dew Tour next year.

Wait, I have said too much, Now the lizard people are coming for me.

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Bryceland got a sympathy hug from Sessler after his run. He's for sure off Syndicate. Peat got to hang on a few years barely qualifying because he's Peat, but it sounds like they have high expectations for talent there, and a short memory. Didn't Ratboy get 3rd at 2015 World's?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Bryceland got a sympathy hug from Sessler after his run. He's for sure off Syndicate. Peat got to hang on a few years barely qualifying because he's Peat, but it sounds like they have high expectations for talent there, and a short memory. Didn't Ratboy get 3rd at 2015 World's?
And won MSA last year and a 6th at Lourdes this year. Obviously that's still far short of the potential he showed in 2014, so perhaps he's still not 100% healthy, has lost the mental edge needed to be a podium contender or just simply doesn't want to race DH at this level anymore. Personally, I hope he stays on the circuit if it's something he really wants to do, and there's worse things to be than a less coherent version of Brendawg.

As for Peat, I'm not sure I would say he was "barely qualifying" before he injured his knee, and even this year he was usually in the 40-50 range at the races he attended, which is still damn solid IMO.

Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Now that Bryceland no longer has Peaty as a mentor, he has been searching for something else. He just signed a new contract, and will be working under the tutelage of Janice from accounting as he starts his new career.

Post accounting interviews promise to be a big hit.

lolWes

Chimp
Aug 24, 2011
He just placed 7th in elite in a Western Australian 100km XC event. On flat pedals.
From what I heard, Sam is actually also planning on spending the winter at Woodward camp practicing up for his slopestyle debut. He plans on being the first rider to win gold in all disciplines of mountain biking, and winning all the Crankworx overall awards. The catch is, he is going to compete in slopestyle on clips, to prove he isn't a one dimensional flat pedals rider...