Quantcast
Mar 2, 2017
Hey, Just wanted to start a thread about the 24 hour mtb race in Spokane this year. Im training for my first time, hoping to have a 5 person team, any tips on training would be greatly appreciated.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's roughly a 15 mile lap with about 800ft of climbing. Find some training loops to ride that are around that mileage and climbing and try to get your times to be around an hour. We do a 9-10 man team and everyone gets 2-3 laps. When the race is getting close I'll start doing two 15 mile training rides a day to simulate the race experience. With a 5 man team your looking at 4 laps per if you guys are in it to win it.

It's a great race and fun time, we've been doing it for years.

Mar 2, 2017
Ya I was hoping to put a 5 man team together, but I can't talk any of my friends into it. I wasn't planning on being too competitive, but I wanted to be able to do 3 or 4 laps. I think I am going to put in a request for a team on the round an round website, if anyone will have me.

Mar 2, 2017
Well, I've been adding how much this race is going to end up costing me and its starting to get scary. So I really can't spend more than $50 on my second light source.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I could suggest things but they wouldn't be based on any valuable experience or knowledge. I like my Niterider 950 boost but it was $80.