Quantcast

2018 offseason guessing game & rumour thread

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Is he still riding a Summum? I don't think that Canyon will have another top contender on their team to be honest. I Barel possiby going to another bike company?

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Danny has been here in Whistler riding for the last few days, but I haven't seen him riding with FB. He has been riding with a couple of friends on V10s the times I have run across him.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Downhill bike rider is friends with other downhill bike rider.

:blink:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I fucked up, he is not with FB. One of the guys we were riding with took the lift up w him and said it was him. He was incorrect...crucify me for sure. Shut that rumor down.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Looks like they re-positioned the main pivot to a higher location, which is good because the location of the old one made it bob like a pigeon pecking with anything over a 30T ring. here it comes stock with 34T and looks to be just under or at the chainline.

34T and at the chainline

vs

30T and much lower than the chainline

Oh well.

Also, Brook likes everyones pics. I follow him on there and he likes pics of Treks, Giants, you name it. So I wouldn't take anything from that.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Pic doesn't do it justice.
I was playing with one in the flesh today at the 2018 seasons dealer show..... fuckme it's a sexy sexy thing up close an personal.
I really want one!
Yep, torn between that and the new Transition Patrol at the moment.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Next year the US Open will be at Killington down some run that was used this year for an enduro race, according to Kulp.

Supposedly Clay owns the US Open title and wants it there.

Rumors, right?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Next year the US Open will be at Killington down some run that was used this year for an enduro race, according to Kulp.

Supposedly Clay owns the US Open title and wants it there.

Rumors, right?
regarding the open - only reason it happened this year ('17) is because the new bike park mgmt at creek screwed the pooch and didn't think about starting to plan races until all the race organizers had basically locked in their schedules. us open was more or less a last ditch effort to just have a single race this year. from what i recall harper had to convince orecchio to give up his stake of USO ownership for the event to happen (which i'm guessing involved mt creek throwing some money at him).

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
regarding the open - only reason it happened this year ('17) is because the new bike park mgmt at creek screwed the pooch and didn't think about starting to plan races until all the race organizers had basically locked in their schedules. us open was more or less a last ditch effort to just have a single race this year. from what i recall harper had to convince orecchio to give up his stake of USO ownership for the event to happen (which i'm guessing involved mt creek throwing some money at him).
Did you hear anything backing up the K-mart rumor?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Anyone know why they don't or can't run a course, or trail for that matter besides fire roads, from the summit? Possibly like Mt Snow the top is National Forest land? Goat Skull is a really fun course to ride, not so challenging for a national race IMO. Not much pitch, and pretty short. I always wondered why there weren't trails from the top.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone know why they don't or can't run a course, or trail for that matter besides fire roads, from the summit? Possibly like Mt Snow the top is National Forest land? Goat Skull is a really fun course to ride, not so challenging for a national race IMO. Not much pitch, and pretty short. I always wondered why there weren't trails from the top.
in google maps at least the land killington is on is identified as state forest.