Quantcast

2019 9/27-30 Colorado Mini Monkey Gaggle?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am working the 28th and 29th while others in my department have a retreat.

But I'd be down for a local ride on the 30th. And Thai food.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Would love to meet you CO monkeys. But ive only ever had bmx/dj. And currently my stable is empty. Let me know if drinks are planned and i might try to make it down

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’m still always down for Mountain Lion early on Sun or Mon

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just out of curiosity, anyone live in a neighborhood that wouldn’t call the cops on a decent looking truck and fairly new 18’ camper?
Asking for a homeless friend.
Try the industrial areas.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just out of curiosity, anyone live in a neighborhood that wouldn’t call the cops on a decent looking truck and fairly new 18’ camper?
Asking for a homeless friend.
How many days? We can usually get away with 2-3 days; neighbors do it all the time.

27-2, my bad
That's Wifey's 40th weekend, so I can't Monarch, but I can do local Sunday.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Depends on what Monarch plans come together. I have a hotel in Broomfield the night of the 1st, so I guess it also depends on what kind of ride we can put together for Sunday or a Monday?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Depends on what Monarch plans come together. I have a hotel in Broomfield the night of the 1st, so I guess it also depends on what kind of ride we can put together for Sunday or a Monday?
I have work solidly Monday. Golden Gate park (Mtn Lion>Longhorn) might be a good combo ride for a local ride. @Toshi should be able to tow most of us up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have work solidly Monday. Golden Gate park (Mtn Lion>Longhorn) might be a good combo ride for a local ride. @Toshi should be able to tow most of us up.
With the moped and Land Cruiser we could do ML, I drive everyone to the top of WR, we ride Longhorn, then I ride back up Belcher while the rest continue to the WR lower lot. Did that with the 6th Elements the other day.

Edit: The 6ths came down Apex or Chimney to start, of course, and finished their day by riding from the WR lower lot back to Apex, and back up to home. Because they are animals.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I need a heads up if we are truly going to do this, though, as I'll have to have my wife reschedule a Barre class (with associated grumbling about that). Only day I could do this would be Monday, as I'm working Sat and Sun.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I need a heads up if we are truly going to do this, though, as I'll have to have my wife reschedule a Barre class (with associated grumbling about that). Only day I could do this would be Monday, as I'm working Sat and Sun.
I definitely cannot do it on Monday

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My current plan is to be in CB over the weekend. Since it seems most plans are being made for Monday or Tuesday, Wendell maybe you should plan to be in or near CB for the weekend? We’re flexy on plans, and CB is close to Monarch so it could be a combo weekend. The Canadian and I have already pondered this. And I think the 6ths we’re planning to be back in the area for that weekend as well.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I could definitely be persuaded, at this point I was thinking a quick TWE/Burro Pass on Saturday, but I would rather ride somewhere new with folks. Let me know as more details emerge, that would be great. I have ridden 30 years ago in gunnison, but never CB.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What are you planning on for CB @Full Trucker?

Got a friend who might head in this direction from LA, I was still thinking Crest for next weekend. But could be open to CB suggestions.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What are you planning on for CB @Full Trucker?

Got a friend who might head in this direction from LA, I was still thinking Crest for next weekend. But could be open to CB suggestions.
As I told @rideit in a PM, we're pretty flexy about our CB plans. I called my buddy I'm planning on being there with to start the conversation, but he's working and hasn't gotten back to me. General plan would be leave on Friday in the afternoon, ride something Saturday, ride something else Sunday, head back to the Front Range. We talked about Doctor Park and 401, though I'm not as keen on 401 myself. We also talked about a Doctor Park day, then maybe a day on the Crest on the "way back"... like I said we're flexy. And if other folks are around and can make some vehicular logistics happen, I'd push for a Reno > Flag > Bear > Doctor day... I'd also like to get back on Eccher Gulch... that trail is the bomb dot com and I don't think Teh Canadian has ridden it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Plans are starting to come together, I heard back from Teh Canadian. We're looking at leaving the Golden area on Friday, camping near Salida Friday night and hitting a Green's / Fooses double-shuttle day on Saturday, if we can get vehicle logistics to work. Then on to CB and riding either 401 or Doctor Park on Sunday... I'd push for a big(ger) day and do Reno > Flag > Bear > Doctor if we have the vehicles to make it happen. @rideit I assume you can drop the trailer and help move people/bikes around? Mayhaps we can use the @6thElement vehicle to do the final "fetch the shuttle rig(s)" maneuver.

Not sure yet if he and I both drive, or if there's anyone else local joining. I'm gonna push for one truck from Golden (he and I plus maybe one other, I can work while driving) so we can leave early enough Friday to get a Canyon Creek lap done. I will likely not bring the truck camper, because shuttles.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Hmm, seems a little weird for me to go to Salida, then back to Cb, and then back to Denver? Could we do CB Saturday and Monarch Sunday, by chance?
Yes, I can drop the trailer and shuttle 5 bikes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hmm, seems a little weird for me to go to Salida, then back to Cb, and then back to Denver? Could we do CB Saturday and Monarch Sunday, by chance?
Yes, I can drop the trailer and shuttle 5 bikes.
I mean sure... let me just coordinate with multiple parties, suggest campsites, ensure that we have enough vehicles to do the shuttles, and play tour guide... but whatever works better for you. ;)

To be honest, these shenanigans ain't likely to have "plans" finalized until next Thursday, maybe after. CB first isn't out of the question.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
*I would vote CB then Monarch on Sunday as I have an early start on Monday.

Hoping to go and sweep the leaves off the Crest for you all on this coming Monday too.

Last edited: