Quantcast

2019 July 25-28, NE Monkeyfest

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm a solid maybe. Perhaps this will be the year.
cha right

would like to go again this year, but will probably not stay in the lodge. I am too old and too much of a nancy boy to deal with no AC and headlights in my eyes all night. Will probably swing a hotel room or condo and swing by the lodge for dick swinging and chalet slalom

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
cha right

would like to go again this year, but will probably not stay in the lodge. I am too old and too much of a nancy boy to deal with no AC and headlights in my eyes all night. Will probably swing a hotel room or condo and swing by the lodge for dick swinging and chalet slalom
I hit Nancy Boy status back in 2004.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you have two real options in the lodge- the bunkroom or the other bunkroom. in the bunkroom, the single window faces the long stretch of 114, meaning you get the headlights of approaching cars shining through the window all night long, as well as the exhaust notes of every brodozer headed north.

on the south side, there are no headlights, but also no breeze as it faces another house and a clearing.

There's also the couch, loft, and bedrooms, but the older I get the less drunk I get, so I am unable to sleep with the noise and lights and can't stay up late enough for everybody else to go to bed. I remember when JBP used to wake me up, now i'm up with him/before him. sheesh.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Wifey and I have friends coming in from out of town that weekend so I can't make it. Although, I'll be at NEMBAfest so that will be my Monkeyfest this year.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Lodge isn’t available but there are a couple of other options, including the cabin at Kitchel.

How many people could commit to the weekend of July 18-21 (Thursday night to Sunday)?
How much are they charging for a night nowadays?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'm interested. How man ppl does the Kitchel cabin sleep?
The listing says 15 but I think that includes 2 sleeper sofas (6 twin beds, a queen, a double and 2 sleeper sofas) but I believe there is room for cots too and it’s cheap! Less than $400per night!

Edit: the per night fee is VERY misleading...the additional fees more than double the cost.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Just to offer another option — the lodge is available the following weekend if we want it 725-7/28

Honestly, I’m torn! The cabin sounds cool BUT there is 1 outdoor shower and a portable toilet. The additional fees make it nearly as expensive as the lodge...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I should have either weekend free. I would certainly prefer the lodge, but am ambivalent about staying there. I think I'd grab a motel but hang out for beers and cheers.