Quantcast

2019 Prototype Boxxer ?

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Not sure if this was picked up by anyone else but Myriam posted this on her Instagram story over Christmas and it got taken down not long after!

It’s about time RS changed things up with the boxxer chassis as it’s not been changed for a while now and even there design team Hasn’t come up with anything for 3 years.

464E937B-1D7B-4A10-84A8-619FE2391530.jpeg

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Will it still have shitty plastic internals and need weekly service? Cause I love giving up reliability to say my fork is 250 grams lighter....

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
So what's supposedly "new"? Black Stanchions? Black lowers? It still looks like a dual crown from my phone. Did she spray oven cleaner on her crowns?

What am I missing?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Can someone please tell me why in the F*CK we are still using zip ties to put our fenders on? Why aren't the fork manufacturers building in mount holes and producing a more sleek option? Am I nuts?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Can someone please tell me why in the F*CK we are still using zip ties to put our fenders on? Why aren't the fork manufacturers building in mount holes and producing a more sleek option? Am I nuts?
because they're cheap and prevalent? also i don't think anyone has come up with a fender mount standard that would work across all fork lowers.

i got a mucky nutz fender and it came with velcro, which is actually kinda nice. also reusable.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I still think it's crazy, we don't need a standard...each manufacturer could put small threaded holes in the arch/lower...they don't need to go deep.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i get you. it'd be nice if they started making their own fenders to include with the forks... i mean it's not like a fender is that expensive, especially when considering how much DH / enduro forks cost.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I still think it's crazy, we don't need a standard...each manufacturer could put small threaded holes in the arch/lower...they don't need to go deep.
See Manitou Mattoc and SR Suntour Durolux forks. Both have nicely integrated fenders made by the mfg'r and they screw into holes that aren't very deep. It would be nice if others followed suit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
See Manitou Mattoc and SR Suntour Durolux forks. Both have nicely integrated fenders made by the mfg'r and they screw into holes that aren't very deep. It would be nice if others followed suit.
i think for the manitou it's only current gen. the first gen ones didn't include a fender.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah I know there are a couple but what is up with the big dogs? They could even charge a shit ton for an aftermarket carbon weave beauty...You know everyone would buy one...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

So you want a situation where we can have more standards?

Edit: someone beat me

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've said this before. It should have bluetooth so you can connect it to your phone. Except for connecting, it really shouldn't do anything except show up as a logo or some graphic. People will want this.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
At this stage, it is not even a rumour any longer: there will be a new boxxer.
I hope they are developing a fork with good performance and good serviceability but being RS they might just make it with Torque Caps equipped 20mm DH boost axle, 29er compatible and with a fender... :brows:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Well there are a bunch of photos of black box Lyric forks that appear to have independent HSC/LSC adjustment so it stands to reason that these features would be developed for the boxxer as well. That seems like a step in the right direction...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
yeah I know there are a couple but what is up with the big dogs? They could even charge a shit ton for an aftermarket carbon weave beauty...You know everyone would buy one...
The 40 even has bosses that look like they're intended to do just that, but there still isn't an actual fender to go on them.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They have to make it just slightly shitty enough so they can offer an upgrade in 2 years, like the Pike RC. So like screw up the shim stack or make it leak just a little bit.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Arch looks beefy, and the lowers look to be larger diameter. Excited to see a new boxxer. I wish frame design would settle down to the extent that DH fork development has. i.e. Workable/good platform with ability to make incremental improvements...
Maybe it’s just not in the nature of lizard frame marketeers.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Wonder if the raw machined crowns mean they're playing with offsets. If so that's long overdue.