zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Step 1. Acquire VPN
Step 2. Use said VPN to get an IP address in Iran
Step 3. ?????
Step 4. Profit for Red Bull !!!!!!
You dont even need steps 1 and 2 anymore. Chrome has a built in IP spoofer that I've successfully used in the past to get the Redbull feed. They really don't try very hard to prevent you from watching.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Looking forward to hailing back to the days of watching the live timing and watching splits, and just imagining the sick runs that people are having. What a time to be alive, this is thrilling.

PS: Fuck you NBC. Get your shit together and get out.
NBC is something else. I remember trying to watch some car show they produced because they had one special episode I wanted to see and they had no idea who they sold the rights to or how to watch it if you're not in the US. They are really clueless. Then again most TV stations are old, messy and badly organized so no one knows nothing.

Ironically my new employer holds the rights to that show.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Have any Monkeys ridden MSA? I'd love to give that a run on a proper DH bike. Looks pretty hectic in spots.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
update (per the PB article i previously posted):

Red Bull TV has secured the rights to broadcast the MTB World Championships in Australia, Japan, France and the UK.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
...Have any Monkeys ridden MSA? I'd love to give that a run on a proper DH bike. Looks pretty hectic in spots.
I have not, but a couple of my crew have a couple of times.
From the pics and vid as well as the ride reports...

It is a proper monster and will scare the Fuck out of you, but apparently not enough to prevent you from returning to see if the terror was real.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Have any Monkeys ridden MSA? I'd love to give that a run on a proper DH bike. Looks pretty hectic in spots.
I used to ride it a couple of times per year several years ago (in the days of shit geometry and unreliable bikes). Honestly, I found it was no fun compared to the good stuff we could find elsewhere on the mountain. It's indeed a super gnarly, fast and high-consequence track designed to fuck up both the bike and rider. I never had the bike, the balls, the track knowledge and the interest to ride it fast...and riding it slow was not really fun, as you were getting stuck in holes everywhere.

I guess it's a must for DH enthusiasts visiting MSA...but don't expect to ride it back-to-back all day and have fun doing it. Tracks like 1837 are much more fun for us mere mortals

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I remember the WC DH course at Tremblant. That was hectic and didn't look like any fun at all. A challenge for sure, but not fun.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I wonder that's the most fun WC DH track for regular joes is. I really like Maribor and Schladming but those are liked by everyone.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Oh it's fun, just type II
say what now?

Anyone changing up their fantasy rosters to include Maes now that he's actually racing? He was pretty dominant in the few DH races he did most recently, and he'll be fresh with nothing to lose. I had a few other guys (and gals) but opted to spring for him since I'd wager he goes top 5 (especially with all the doping)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wonder that's the most fun WC DH track for regular joes is. I really like Maribor and Schladming but those are liked by everyone.
Bromont was pretty damn fun, with only one real "oh shit this is a steep off camber rock face" poop in your pants section.